Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dotrain4u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2003, 12:57 PM
    Access and Excel
    Is it possible to import simple information from a spreadsheet in Excel into a pre-existing Access table? If so, how?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2003, 05:41 AM
    Access and Excel
    Yes its very easy. In the Database tab, you select New, Import. Follow the prompts, one of them will ask if you want to append to an existing table.

You might want to link to the sheet first and then use an Append query to make sure the fields match up right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows excel [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone advise how to create a form with excel that is for continuous checks, form size: 8.5" x 7"? Page Setup Does Not Do The Job. The printer I'm using is an EPSON FX-880.

Excel [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I try to use excel to print an invoice, how can I put an invoice number that will auto upadate the next time I use the file?

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

QUestion Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Carmen and I live in Mexico, City. I don' t speak English very well but I try to state my question: In Excel I want to put in order some data for some column. I use the "hierarchy" function because I want a number of the order for the column "grade". But in this function I...

View more questions Search