Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davtafe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Excel Sequential Invoice Number in multiple sheets
    Hi

This is my first time at this site! :) I am a virgin! :p

I have a master copy of my invoice with the invoice number contained in cell K3.

I would like to know 2 things which would help me out greatly.

1. I would like to copy that master sheet invoice say 20 times and have the sheet name down the bottom as 3001, 3002, 3003 etc as each individual sheet name.

And

2. I would like the invoice number in K3 to be corresponding to the sheet name - that is running sequentially for each new sheet.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Dave :D
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 8, 2009, 01:52 AM

Put this formula in K3:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256)

It will cause the sheetname to appear in the cell, so make sure the sheetname is sequentially numbered and your K3 values will match.

===========

Are you asking for help making copies of a template worksheet?

1) If so, what is the template sheet called?
    2) Do you want a macro to make "x" number of sheets?
    3) Do you want a popup to ask you how many sheets to make?
    4) Do you want the macro to auto-number the sheets based in the current last sheetnumber name? If last sheet is called 3003, then 3004 would be next automatically? Or would you rather have another popup asking for the first sheetname "number"?
    RileyElf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 03:00 AM
    Yes I do you want a macro to copy sheet details and make "x" number of sheets?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sequential numbering in Excel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to number a column in sequential order by counting the number of times a certain word is typed in another range. For example: AAA 1 BBB 1 AAA 2 AAA 3 CCC 1 I need the numbers to be in sequence in column B:B every time a word is typed multiple times in column A:A.

Excel 2003 Macro VBA Hide / Unhide Multiple Sheets [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to assign a macro button to hide / unhide a range of sheets in a workbook. I have tried various codes from web but have not been successful. (acutally one of the codes worked if I selected 'run' from the macro menu but does not run if button is clicked). I have tried 'recording'...

Spreadshet Sequential Number per Column Record [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys, As per the example below, I have two columns (A & B) which I have that are to be joined along with a sequential number to make up part of a final number (column C). Columns A & B need to be joined and then an additional number must be appended to create a unique number. The final...

New sheet needs new sequential number [ 3 Answers ]

When I send a new submittal sheet, I would like to auto assign a new number to a submittal sheet each time I open it. As I have it today, the form is located on the worksheet as an additional tab. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Auto Generating Sequential Numbers in Excel 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All I would like to have sequential Auto Generated Numbers in column A of my Excel 2003 Spreadsheets e.g A1=1, A2=2, A3=3 etc. But I would like Excel to auto generate this number, rather than input?

View more questions Search