Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Hockey mom's Avatar
    Hockey mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Outer edge of foot hurts
    The area just below my toes is very painful - my husband went to give me a foot massage and squeezed my foot sideways and I darn near punched him. It hurts to touch it and when I first walk on it excruciating! I have inserts for plantar fasciitis and they are not helping! What can I do?
    deedee78's Avatar
    deedee78 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 30, 2013, 08:29 PM
    If you haven't been breaking in new shoes I would refer to a Reflexology foot chart and match the area of pain to the part of thebody that it represents.
    Bizarre how it works but I would get the same when the middle of the arch of my foot was touched. I was told about Reflexology and turned out the bit on my foot represented my kidney, I went to docs and was diagnosed with kidney infection!
    Went for a consultation with a reflexologist and without her knowing anything about me could tell me several ongoing and past issues just through my feet
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Feb 1, 2013, 12:14 PM
    See a Podiatrist. I am not a believer in alternative medicine, although it appears to work for some people.

    It could be anything or nothing. See a licensed Physician.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Feb 1, 2013, 01:19 PM
    The bones of the foot can easily move in such a way (such as he squeezing your foot) that a nerve gets caught on a bone, or a muscle or tendon does, bringing a nerve with it. I would soak your foot any time you can get a chance in a big bowl of VERY warm water, wiggling your foot. Keep it warm when not in water. Try this for a few days while waiting for the appt. It might be a podiatrist's first suggestion anyway, so you have tried.

    Buy a foot pad that is like a hockey puck that raises your toes off the floor when you walk. You should be able to find one in a drugstore. Or the doctor can give you one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain (outer edge) [ 9 Answers ]

I too have foot pain in the outside area of my right foot,and sometime my left too.It comes and goes,usually lasting between two weeks to two months.I have even had it for two days.I had it one day then the next day it was completely gone!It hurts so bad that even at night the bed sheets make my...

Pain on outer top of foot? [ 0 Answers ]

I was playing basketball, jumped to shoot, and landed on someone else's foot on the outside middle of mine. My ankle rolled, but I don't have any problem moving my ankle. The only problem I have is extreme pain when I try to turn my foot inward. Immediately after the injury and for the rest of the...

Pain under heel, behind ankle but mostly along outer side of foot [ 1 Answers ]

I am out of state and can't see my doctor and just want something to do that may lesson pain so I can walk on it. The pain is on the outter side of the left foot. I is also in the heel and back outside of ankle. To be off it for any length of time causes extreme pain and limping with pressure. ...

Sore outer foot [ 1 Answers ]

I am experiencing a real pain in my outer foot about half way between the heel and toes. It started to hurt after climbing in a tree doing pruning. It has happened in the past when I have been scuba diving and also when I have been running in the sand barefoot. Seems very strange and it is...

Pain and swelling on outer edge of foot [ 4 Answers ]

I have swelling on the outside of my left foot. It is raised about a half-inch and is painful to the touch. What could possibly be wrong?

View more questions Search