r3dback's Avatar
    r3dback Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#1

Jun 30, 2015, 09:13 AM
    How do dj vu dreams work
    I have had a lot of dj vu dreams in my life. But how does it work?
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,800, Reputation: 2674

#2

Jun 30, 2015, 11:46 AM
    Good question. Dj vu means "seen before' and explaining how it works is not complicated.

Your memory is using this to tell you that you were, or are in a familiar situation. There is actually nothing strange or supernatural about it as some people think.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

#3

Jun 30, 2015, 01:12 PM
    Also deja vu is normally associated with a waking state rather then a dream state. It is a feeling one gets thinking they have been there or through it before.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,800, Reputation: 2674

#4

Jun 30, 2015, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Yes, so, 'seen before' that is what it means in English, but you are not 'explaining it.
    r3dback's Avatar
    r3dback Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#5

Jul 1, 2015, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

I know what Dj vu means. What I was trying to say was I sometime get dreams were I would be walking down the street or talking to someone or something similar to that and in a few weeks or months the event would play out exactly how it did in my dream. How is something like that possible? It's like seeing into the future. But I was led to believe that the past is behind us and cannot be changed and the future is a unknown mystery
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

#6

Jul 1, 2015, 12:18 PM
    It would be more accurate to have said precognition dreams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognition
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

#7

Jul 1, 2015, 09:08 PM
    So you dream things that sometimes happen in the future?

If it's just dreams about talking to people, or walking down a certain road, then it's really not a huge deal. If you see things like accidents that actually happen, or the death of someone that then happens, or something big like that, then I'd say you have a real gift.

A lot of people have this gift, or claim to. How it works, no one knows. It just is.
    anubis2108's Avatar
    anubis2108 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

#8

Sep 29, 2016, 04:23 PM
    Hello.

Deja V can be a number of things.
    From a scientific point of view, Deja v could be something like this:

Imagine you walk down a road meeting several people you don't really know or pay attention to, but your subconscious notice a lot more. A lot of the people, how they look, the initial impression they give like nice, scary, or weird. Through your life your subconscious experience a lot and store it in a part of the brain called "rhinale cortex" on the outside of "hippocampus" which is where you have what science call Active memory which is normal memory like your last Christmas with family or your meal from yesterday.

When you experience a Deja V you might actually have experienced some of the things from the senario before without having a active memory about that place, thing or person. However the Deja V experience can allso be very wrong, because your brain is full of errors. You might know about facing a person you know but you forget his/her name anyway. Your brain can collect different information from your subconcious and put them together as best as it can to give you a senario you regonize which is meant for us to be able to cope with a situation better.

Hope that explains.

Why have I been having so many deja vus? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having like 3 every month, and don't know if that's bad or not. Help!

What is dj vu? Does it mean anything? [ 11 Answers ]

I often feel I have dreamt something or been somewhere I am before. I am so sure of it even though the memories are hazy. Can anyone explain? Is it just my brain processing things wrong, is it evidence of a past life or is it a premonition of some sort? Your thoughts?

Deja Vu/Precognition? [ 1 Answers ]

Deja Vu/Precognition? Well, Ive always thought I was a little strange, sometimes my dreams would come true, or Id have a feeling about something and it always turns out Im right. By a feeling I mean that voice in your head type of thing. Anyway I just found this new indie band,(really really...