Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 12:17 PM
    The health of Dreams
    Can you control your dreams? If so, how?
    Toodee Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 PM
    I think you can control them by the things you do when your awake.. like having a good day, not getting so angry and speaking up when things bother you. I often find that unfinished business comes up in my dreams. I also try to cram as many good thoughts as I can in my head right before I go to sleep. I relax and listen to various audio tapes that help release tension and so on. I think it helps a great deal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 10:04 PM
    I like the answer above, If you are asking about controlling what you will be dreaming about. Also, what you dream can be influenced by what kinds of things you put into your body during the day, like foods, liquids and drugs.

If you are asking about actually taking control of a dream while you are having it, then that is unlikely to happen. Although, I have taken control of what I have been dreaming while I have been dreaming. But, it is a rare occurrence. And, I'm not sure of the reasons for being able to do that.
    cchotiner333 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clarad
    Can you control your dreams? If so, how?
    I'm definitely no expert on this but, the only way that I've been able to control anything about my dreams is when I wake up and make myself go back to sleep right away thinking about the dream and what I want to change about it. I find it better to not control them though. I get more meaning from ones that I didn't bother.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 01:27 AM
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned lucid dreaming. This is a state where you realise you are dreaming, and use that fact to exhibit some control over the dream.

You can make it happen more often and for longer through practice. Most people who regularly lucid dream have some kind of reality check that they do throughout the day. They take a minute every now out of the day to really check that the world is real. This makes them hope that they develop it as a habit, and they do it in the dream, realise that it is a dream, and then are able to use their conscious mind to control the dream.

This is something I have experienced a few times myself. I've woken up in the dream, and been able to influence exactly what's happening. It's very valuable to play out different scenarios with no risk.

It's very hard to stay in this state, as your eyes tend to try to open (because they're open in the dream, but not in reality).

For more information read here: Lucid dreaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental health (dreams) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend has a problem with dreams. I want to help him. For now all I need to know is what exactly dreaming with water or floating on waters means? This is a constant dream, actually a nightmare. He has also dream with fire, him burning in fire. And other times, him floating on air. ...

Does anyone know about DREAMS? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't know what to post this under, so I hope I posted it under the most appropriate subject. Normally I wouldn't ask a question like this (due to having a lot of crazy dreams that I'm OK with) Last night I had a dream that I woke up in my pajamas, that a monstrous poisonous dark colored...

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Dreams [ 1 Answers ]

There is this dream that I have had quite while ago but it's still in my mind, can any one interpret it for me?

View more questions Search