Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hljmac Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 02:53 AM
    Who sang the 1960's song with the words "North West Orient" in the lyrics?
    Who sang the 1960's song with the words "North West Orient" in the lyrics?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2013, 05:21 AM
    I don't know - I seem to recall a jingle for Northwest Orient Airlines back then?
    There are some famous NWOA crashes that may have resulted in songs:
    In the 50s, flights 2501 and 2.
    In the 60s, flights 710 (1960) and 705 and 293 (1963).
    If this is any help.
    You can read about each one on wikipedia.

Jan 9, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Yes, there WAS a jingle for northwest airlines, and the song I'm looking for used the phrase, "North-west Ori-ent", followed by a gong. I'm only remembering bits and pieces of the song - I can hear parts of it, and the singers remind me of something the Ray Conniff Singers would have done, or even the Ray Charles Singers. If I ever remember the title I'll post it here.

Jan 9, 2013, 06:30 AM
    "It Ain't Necessarily Bird Avenue" - Spanky and Our Gang
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2013, 07:43 AM
    That was 1969, and I was 22-23, and I never heard it? I think that was a tough year for me.

Jan 9, 2013, 11:42 AM
    I don't think 'Bird Avenue' was even in the top 100. It was on one of their albums, although I do remember hearing it on KDKA-AM radio occasionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance song lyrics "come open the door with those eyes" looking for song title please! [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have been scouring the internet for the title of a dance/trip hop/lounge track with the following lyrics but I can't find the title! Can anyone please help? If it's not enough for you than tell me what can I do ... come open the door with those eyes" Thanks in advance! Kathy

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" [ 2 Answers ]

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" and can it be bought as a cd?

What song has the words " last confession & let me hold you" [ 1 Answers ]

The song is sang by a man. Don't know if he is solo or part of a group. It's a slow song and inludes the words " last confession and just let me hold you".

What country song has the words,"if it wasn't for the bullet,nobody fear the gun"in it [ 1 Answers ]

What country song has the words "if it wasnt for the bullet,nobody would fear the gun" in it?

View more questions Search