Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Sep 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Out of country
    My ex and I split 2 months ago. We were living together now she lives at her moms with my son. She took my son outofthe country to go hang out with a new boyfriend she just met a week prior to her going with my son. I asked her mom if my son was in the country ad she lied and said he was when hewasnt. Doesn't she need permission to leave the country with my son. There are no court pappers saying who has custody or notihng. Can I do anything to stop her from taking my son out of the country
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Without proper custodial papers I don't think there is anything you can do to stop her taking your son out of the country. If you don't want this to happen again, then you will have to go to court to have this all settled and written out in plain english.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Sep 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
    This is morally wrong. We split up and a week and half later she takes my 2yr to see her new boyfriend.. there has to be something.. Isn't kidnapping or child endamgerment ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Go to court an get a custody and/or visitation order. Ask the judge to include whatever restrictions you feel are necessary, such as not taking him out of the country/state, etc.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crushedovernover
    this is morally wrong. We split up and a week and half later she takes my 2yr to see her new bf.. there has to be someting.. Isnt kidnapping or child endamgerment ?
    I agree that it is morally wrong but legally she's done nothing wrong. That's why you need a court order, so there is something to bind her legally.
    jyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 01:52 AM
    I have actually run into this case before. I was even married to my X at the time, and traveling with my mother inlaw to canada to get our son flu shots. By law in order for a parent to travel out of e country with there child the other parent must sign at least a note stating that you allowing this to happen. We didn't, and had one heck of a time getting through the boader. I think if it wasn't or the fact that my mother inlaw was there, they wouldn't have. They told us it is to prevent one parent from fleeing with children.

My guess is that she forged your signiture. Either way I think you have a pretty good case against her. One way or another it is illegal. Washington State law even states that you have to notify the other parent each and every time you move, let alone travel out of the country.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 05:52 AM
    It is "morally" wrong to have a new boyfriend so early, but no there is nothing illegal. You have not went to court and gotten any type of custody order, most likely not paying child support yet, so go file in court for custody, get a custody agreement which says if she can or can not take the child out of the country
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Hello:

Is it morally wrong for a baby to travel with her mother for a visit out of the country?? NO! Should she have left her?? NO!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country music [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the country song More or Love you More

Besides your own country, which is your favorite? [ 14 Answers ]

Besides your own country, which is your favorite? Where would you like to travel, live, or go to learn about a certain culture? Feel free to name more than one country that interests you. Also, please give some reasons. -Sam

Country song [ 1 Answers ]

Heard a country song, male singer, a few years back (maybe 3-5) sing a song that had the chorus lyric "it was a bad, bad morning, but a pretty good afternoon" ... or something very close to that. Cute song about how all hell broke loose in the AM, but then his girl made up for it by dragging...

Country [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy, I was just wonder'n if you know of any country concertsthat are coming up in the seattle area?! (Like Tim Mcgraw, Faith Hill, Kenny Cheasney, Martina Mcbride, and others) thanks for your help:)

View more questions Search