Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sujit Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Security Deposit
    My Landlord would not return any of my security deposit $900 and also sent me a bill for $4000. She is taking undue advantage of me. I left the apartment clean. She did not take me for the inspection even when I had told her that I need to be there in the inspection. I haven't taken pictures when I left but have a lot of them when I was there in the apartment. I am planning to proceed with the small claims court. How much of a chance do I have in winning my money back. Please help.:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Depends on what she is basing her claim for, what is she saying the 4000 for.

May 29, 2007, 08:42 PM
    She says she needs to change the doors - $350, the kitchen plywood on the side (not the bottom part) had been slightly coming out which could be pasted but she wants to remove the whole kitchen top and replace it with a new one which would cost $1500 including the $770 for disposing the old one. Then the burners are $80 (which cost $10 at the home depot) and the door knobs which she claims is $350 and so on. Thanks in advance for your reply.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Hello S:

She's going to have to justify her charges to the judge. I don't think she can do that. Go kick some landlord butt.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
    That all sounds like reasonable wear and tear that you aren't responsible for. Sue her for your deposit. She can't keep your deposit and charge your more because she wants to remodel.

May 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Thank You all. Wish I kick her at the right spot. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Deposit. [ 2 Answers ]

I moved from Virginia to main On January 30. Virginia state laws says that the landlors must return a deposit by 45 days. My lease states 30 though. Now it had been 93 days. But anyway My landlord keeps telling me that he sent out the check 4 or 5 weeks ago he told me he sent it out and to wait to...

Keep Security Deposit [ 3 Answers ]

We own a house in CO. A tenant signed a 1 year lease. He gave us 30 days notice that he was going to break the lease 3 months early. He lost his job, girlfriend... etc... We told him we were going to keep the security deposit for breaking the lease early, but not hold him to the terms of the...

Security Deposit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My name is Cierra and I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend Moncel Anyway, He moved out of his old apartment in January then moved into another... Since he was working at this job since October 06 they have been receiving his social security checks, paying his rent with that money... SO that...

I need a security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Help With Getting The Move In Money For My House That I Am About To Move Into In Another 2 Months

Security deposit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, My old landlord has not returned my deposit, we moved out on oct. 7th last month and on the 8th he came so we can insp. And gave back the keys. We were never late on our rent and keep the house as it was when we moved in. All but the decks he told us we could paint them if we liked and...

View more questions Search