Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kris35475 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Court Date Set
    In addition to my thread below, I received my small claims court date for the end of June. Midland is being represented by a local attorney. I am filing my intend to defend on Monday. I want to also send a discovery for documents (ex. Contract, payments, proof of last payment). Should I do this or just wait until court to ask for this. I don't want the judge to thik I did not try to get the info. Also, you think I should do this do I file a copy with the court and send a copy to the Attorney or just send it straight to the attorney. Also since Midland is being represented the attorney I don't need to send one to them right?

Thanks,
    Kris35475
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Hello kris:

Each court has its own rules and procedures. They're NOT all the same. If you want to know the rules for YOUR court, you can probably buy them at your local college bookstore. Look for the "Rules of Civil Procedure" for the district you're in.

That said, it sounds like you're doing a pretty good job so far. No matter what the rules are, you're certainly not going to be disqualified for sending TOO MUCH information. If you're not sure, then err on TOO MUCH. Disclosure is the idea.

Yes, make your request for documents NOW. Send the request to the attorney and a copy to the court. Send it certified, return receipt requested.

Go kick butt, girl.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Sent court date, but missed it [ 1 Answers ]

I got a citation for a DUI in Delaware but live in Maryland. I was sent a court date(this was the first court date so Im assuming it was a hearing date) but missed it, and was informed that a bench warrant was sent out for me. How do I request a new date without having to drive the hours into...

Missed court date ! [ 5 Answers ]

My 52 year old mother inlaw picked up her only second speeding violation in all those years and misses her court appearance by one day.She thought it was on the 27th all this time not the 26th anyway the fine was 175.00 so now what kind of trouble is she in now.Do you wait for the next letter? Or...

Not informed of Court date! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! This is my first post so please bear with me. I am in divorce proceedings and my husband and I went to mediation already and could not agree on a couple of things. Basically, he has been gone for 3 years and has not even seen our son since. I have major concerns over him having any...

View more questions Search