Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shammy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Sc wage garnishment
    Can a bank garnish my wages for a deficet on a forcloser on my home ? I live in sc
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Hello shammy:

If they get a judgment for the difference, they certainly can.

excon
    Robyncannell Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I have a cell phone bill that I had disputed a year and a half ago, of course the cell phone company wouldn't bend, so then I tried to make payment arrangements and the company sent it to a collection agency.
    The bill is in my name and not my husband's, I was told today if I do not come up with a huge amount of money that this collection agency would garnish my husband's wages.
    I told the collection agency that I am not working and that I could send them 25.00 a month in which this agency refused to accept.
    Can this agency garnish my husband's wages on a debt that is in my name?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting calls from a creditor about a bill that is not mine. I did not live at the address that the bill was at. I do not believe that I am responsible for this bill. I am in the process of clearing it from my credit report, but this collection agency keeps threatening me with a wage...

Wage Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

May I make a payment arrangement to the collection agency and therefore have a garnishment removed from my paycheck? I would be happy to pay the entire amount, but just have it drafted from my bank account or make a monthly payment. My employer is very upset that I have a garnishment, and I am...

Wage Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Quick question for all. If I have a credit card judgement against me in NY but work in NJ, do they have to file in NJ or can they automatically garnish my wages with the judgement in NY?

Wage garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida now and I am head of household.. ny state is garnishiring 15% of my wages... I was in an agreement with them to pay 100 dollars monthly so theyn stopped... back in October my son was a passenger in a bad car accident and was is the hospital for 3 weeks and needed some home care......

Wage Garnishment [ 11 Answers ]

I recently moved from GA to SC for a job transfer. South Carolina does not have a wage garnishment law but Georgia does. My company's headquarters is in Atlanta and they have been served with a court order to garnish my wages for an unpaid credit card debt. The garnishment order was processed well...

View more questions Search