Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mom2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Credit collection counter sue
    Hi Everyone,

Today I received a summons from a small claim court. I am being sued for money owed to a credit card a $2,800.00 bill. I reside in the state of Mass. And I am sure that I never apply for this credit card. It was my son that has the same name. The credit card company put a lean on my house and I tried to take the lean off, but I never could.

Can I counter sue for damages.
    What my rights .

Do I need to hire an attorney?

If Any help you all can give me would be much appreciated.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 04:10 AM
    File Notice of Intend to Defend, after that File a Discovery with the Plaintiff and request , all documents related to the alleged debt, also request the original contract.

See who signed this contract, if not you, File Motion to Dismiss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When does a collection agency decide to sue [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have run up some credit card debt that I can't pay. A collection agency has contacted me. The amount of the debt is about $6000.00. Besides letters and phone calls at what point should I be worried about getting sued?

Credit collection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I live in Europe now, but did live in NY for most of my life. I just received a letter forwarded by a niece to me here that a company from early to mid 90's has put a judgement against me in the civil court of NY. My niece happen to get this through a fourth party, and then she sent to...

Credit card collection [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations on credit card collection in the state of Ohio?

Other province credit collection [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was discharged from Bankruptcy in Aug 02. I had insurance for a vehicle that was returned to the leasing company in Jan02. The insurance company from BC is saying that I owe for insurance from Dec-Mar although I disagree with this because I had cancelled with the insurance company and...

Credit Card went to Collection [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a senior in college and just found out my credit card went to collection. I'm worried because it's with Citibank and I heard that they are ruthless. I did some travelling and was out of the country over the summer so I just forgot about the card and about paying. Apparently they had been...

View more questions Search