Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jybraeel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Break-Up payment
    My ex-girlfriend and I were going to go on a trip this summer to meet her parents. Her parents paid for her ticket so she agreed to pay for half of mine. Her parents got my ticket on their credit card with the ticket in my name.
    Now that I am not going she wants the money. I have no problem paying the half that we had agreed to but now she is demanding the full amount instead of what we agreed on.
    I have NO problem with paying the agreed to amount but not the full.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Just pay what you agreed upon, it's a shame you didn't get it in writing. Now you will know better next relationship.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 05:57 PM
    How much do you want to be involved with this woman in the future? Because if you don't pay her the full amount, it's a pretty sure bet you are going to have to deal with her trying to get the money from you for a long time. Sometimes it's worth it to pay the extra money just so the other person doesn't have a reason to keep contacting you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Yes I would say she does want the money, my opinoin for what it is worth, if she takes you to small claims court, since they have receipt for it, and you have nothing in writing, you will end up losing,

But if they can cancell that ticket, you would only owe the balance of what they lose by cancellng the ticket.

Next since it is in your name, do you have the ticket, can you sell it, or can you exchange it for some other ticket ?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
    I love Fr Chuck's response.

Unfortunately, without any witnesses, they will most likely be the ones believed in small claims court.

Why not just pay the ticket, and then take the ticket and try to get a refund, or exchange it from some other flight. If you pay for the ticket, the ticket is YOURS.
    jybraeel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Thank's all.
    I am going to pay the whole thing. Not cash, not check though; I will get a money order and it will be made out to her mother, she is the one who paid for it.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Sounds like the smartest thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up w/ my boyfriend? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and I love him very much. The problem is that a supposed ex-gf is claiming that she is pregnant with my bf's child. I don't know what to do I'm totally confused, I do trust and love him way too much to leave him just like that. This girl...

Break up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 6 years has broke up with me and I am heartbroken. I have moved out and left her and my 2 dogs and miss them very much. She said she wanted space and a break. I pushed her away by contacting and eventually she told me never to contact again. We were going to try for a family and...

Take a break? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been friends with this woman for quite some time and I finally wanted to make the move to ask her to be more than friends. But before I could, she told me that a guy she met at a party a couple weeks ago really hit it off and started dating. I asked her about her and I and she said she was...

She wants a break now what [ 40 Answers ]

I had a great evening last Tuesday. We talked and talked. We had great conversation and we both felt connected. Great evening. Once the evening was over she invited me over for dinner at her place the next day. The next day we exchanged emails. Everything was great. I was very busy at work and felt...

Break even [ 2 Answers ]

Product Alpha has been a staple in Omega Corp.'s product line for several years. Annual fixed costs of production and administration related to this product in the past have been $643,500. Annually, variable costs of production and sales have been $17 per unit. The selling price in the past has...

View more questions Search