Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RogerWilton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Statue of Limmitations on debt in BC
    Hi;

I have a old business debt under our business company from a vendor we used to deal with in 1998. We went out of business. We were broke. We paid as many debts as we could but a few were left unpaid.
    We have moved away from Bc, since then, came to manitoba and started from strach.
    Now I receive a claim in Small claims court in BC, for $ 1500 plue fees and interest to the tune of $ 5300.

My Question is : What is the statue of limitations on Business debt ?

Thanks

Roger
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
    What kind of business did you have…a corporation or a sole-proprietorship?

If a corporation, they can't come after you for these debts unless you personally guaranteed it.

If sole-proprietorship, they can come after you for these debts.

That all being said, the SOL would take affect which I think is 6 years. I am not 100% sure on what the SOL in BC was in 1998 though.
    kbarwell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
    What is the limitations on non payment of outstanding bills owing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Debt + statue of limitations + date of last activity [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please clearly explain to me what the "Date of last activity" specifically refers to. I have heard some people say that it refers: 1) to the last time you defaulted on a payment or 2) the last time you made payment, or 3) the last time you acknowledged the debt to the original...

Statue of Limitations [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question about the statue of limitations. In 2003 my boyfriend at the time, (now husband) was injured at a rodeo in Utah. At that time we lived in Idaho and still do, we were just at a rodeo when he was injured. We received a bill for charges and paid those charges off. But apparently...

Statue of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

Have an old debt owing to a city for a speeding ticket, 17 years ago. Does statue of limitations take affect?

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

View more questions Search