Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle_6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 05:07 PM
    2D Motion
    A stunt man drives a car at a speed of 20 m/s off a 30m-high cliff. The road leading to the cliff is inclined upward at an angle of 20 degrees.
    a) how far from the base of the cliff does the car land?
    b) what is the cars impact speed

What steps and equations should I use to solve these problems?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 11:26 PM
    work out the components in the x and y direction of the car's speed at the top of the hill.
    using suvat:
    how long does it take for the car to hit the ground (using only y speed)?
    how far does the car travel along the x in this amount of time (this is the answer to a))?
    b):
    the car's x speed is the same, what's the car's y speed when it hit's the ground?
    Using pythagoras' theorem, what's the total speed at the ground?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Hearing [ 18 Answers ]

I have to go to court for a civil matter. It is an attorney suing for a remainder balance on a repo. The problem is I had arrangements with the company, and the day I was to make another payment, the vehicle was repo'd. This company has a long trail of victims. I would receive, at times, over 7...

Motion to Continue [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are tyring to reconcile. I have already filed a motion to continue with the court. Is there any way to get a motion for leave from court or a motion to stay to see if we can work things out without having to refile for divorce if they don't workout? Thank you for your help. ...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

Replace 3 way switch with motion 3 way [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a 3 way switch setup today that works and I now want to replace one of the switches with a motion sensor. I purchased the Levition PR180 to do the job. (at least it says is can). The setup I have current is 1st box - power comes in Light fixture is attached ...

Brownian Motion [ 2 Answers ]

In simple terms, what is the cause of brownian motion?? THANK YOU... THANK YOU!

View more questions Search