Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmickey490 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 04:42 AM
    I havw been awarded a judgement in small claims court. How do I collect. The judgement is for $1000. I would like to go against bank account. How do I go about it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Hello hm:

Not all courts have the same procedures. Generally, you'll need to go back to court and move the court to give you an "Execution of Judgment" or a "Writ of Judgment" (I don't know what they call it where you live).

Take that document to the bank or to one of the people in your county who are authorized to execute judgments. He might be a court bailiff, constable or sheriff. They'll charge a fee for serving it, but they'll be a lot more effective than you will be by yourself. If you know where the debtor works, serve one there too.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collect on reposessed car? [ 2 Answers ]

The statue of limitations in my state is 6 years. I receieved a letter from a collection agency saying that I owe $2600. On a car that was reposessed in September of 2000. I do plan on writing a letter of validation, but why are they trying to collect? Can they still try to collect even though...

What do you collect? [ 16 Answers ]

Just curious as to what (if anything) anyone on AMHD collects. I myself collect angels. They can include angel statutes and plates.

Non-resident taxes - collect fees [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to ask about the collecting the fees for filling 1040NR. I start a small company offering service for non-residents to file on their behalf the TAX RETURNS 1040NR mostly. Most other companies deduct the fee for the service from the IRS refunds before sending to the client. How I can do...

View more questions Search