Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    alias6's Avatar
    alias6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Judgement on credit report
    I have a joint unsatisfied judgement from 2002 in the state of Florida. My ex husband defaulted on a lease and never paid them. So the filed a judgement. My ex husband never took care of it and probably never will. I just found out about it because I was applying for a mortgage in NJ. I found out that it is also incurring interest until it is paid. I don't have this kind of money. I called trans union because it's reported with them and they said that it comes off my credit in 2009. But still won't that effect my chances of getting a loan? What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,268, Reputation: 7689

    Feb 17, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Well it may come off your credit report in 2009, unless they renew it.

    But your bigger worry is, what if they try to inforce the judgement, like attach your bank accounts or garnish you pay.

    Was this a joint lease ? ( both your names on it)
    What does your divorce say about this debt, or any general debts.
    You may try going back to court to try and force him to pay it.

    But there are more issues and a lot more possible problems over it effecting your credit. But if it is a valid debt, there is little you can do to get rid of it.
    alias6's Avatar
    alias6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Yes it was a joint lease. This was never brought up in the divorce. After that situation I left him the same year. There were too many problems. When I moved out of state I had to wait a year before I could file for divorce. He has been in and out of jail since then. Basically for the same reason " oweing money". I have been losing sleep about this. I work hard and raise two kids on my own. How can I stop it from incurring this interest or am I opening a bag of worms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement on my credit report [ 3 Answers ]

On Dec 19, I lost (I settled) a libel suit in a philadelphia district court because the other party, which had deep pockets said they would bring in an expert to show I harmed their business, even though my comments were true. My lawyer sold me out and I agreed to pay 2,500.00. Question>> if I...

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in NYC and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias. Thanks

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

View more questions Search