Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    christi08edu's Avatar
    christi08edu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 1, 2018, 03:09 PM
    How to I make a motion to vacate the renewal of a judgement
    I want to file a motion to vacate a renewal of judgement. The plaintiff did not want to work out a payment arrangement. They chose to garnish. They did that for a short time and didn't like the amount they were getting. They then to garnish child support and I stopped that through my bank because that is illegal. That was the only income I had besides my payroll that they were already garnishing. Then all garnishments stopped for the last 6-7 years. I just received a renewal of the judgement and the interest is only $50 less than actual debt owed. I want to vacate just on the fact they stopped the garnishment held off for years and now are trying to retain almost double what they were originally due. Due to a recent surgery I am on a serious time limit to file this motion. Please help. There isn't a basic form
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Mar 1, 2018, 04:13 PM
    Try this for a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a specific form in Maryland to make a Motion to Vacate Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I had settled a debt with the Atty representing the debt collector prior to the court date. They advised me that there was no need to show up in court, as they will not be there. Today, I got notice from the court that an Affidavit of Judgement in favor of the Plaintiff was given. Neither...

I would like to file a motion to vacate a renewal of judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to file a motion to vacate a renewal of judgement. It is from California and I live in Florida. Do I need an attorney or can I file this myself? Where do I get the proper docuemts and where can I obtain the education to file properly? The judgemnt comes from a suit that I should...

Vacate a judgement renewal. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I were sued in 1999 and a judgement was granted in the creditor's favor. The judgement included attorneys fees and the kitchen sink. This year, my husbands wages were garnished for this debt but prior to this, the creditor made no effort to collect that we're aware of. (We have...

California Form - Motion to Vacate to Modify Renewal of Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served in California with a Notice of Renewal of Judgment under the 10 year rule. I want to object to this renewal, and make a motion to vacate or modify the renewal with the court. What form do I use to make that motion?

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

All my money in my bank accounts are currently frozen due to a judgement. The collection agency is demanding I pay the total amount due up front. I do not have this money. I called the courts and they said I need to file a motion to vacate the judgement. I am willing to let them garnish my...

View more questions Search