My ex-boyfriend didn't work for 2 years and he kept borrowing money from me to pay his rent, phone & TV bills. I helped him out with food and spending money and let him use my car all the time but when it came to rent he would ask to borrow money and swear he'd pay me back when he got a job. I actually broke up with him because he wouldn't pay me back. He always wanted cash for the rent because he didn't have a bank account. I have the other bills on my bank statements as being paid via phone, then I have a couple of checks made out to his roommate. Nothing was in writing. Will I have a chance to get back any of my money in small claims court without a written agreement?