Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    saadnu's Avatar
    saadnu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 15, 2017, 10:45 PM
    Small Business Tax Help
    1. Do we need to generate 1099 form for each contractor or people working for commission for me? Or only if the payout is more than $600 in year.
    2. Do I need to file 1099 for Paying to Non-US Companies or contractors for their services? How IRS expects expenses paid for services taken from companies abroad?

    3. For a Husband/Wife Partner LLC, after calculating total income, LLC should file 1065 & issue Schedule K-1 to Partners, based on their percentages?
    4. Partners will have to submit 1040 on their incomes even if they file taxes as “Married filing jointly”?
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,592, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Jan 16, 2017, 05:11 AM
    I will tackle #1. A 'contractor' (who gets a 1099) may or may not include 'people working for commission.' There is a long IRS list defining a contractor. It does not include anyone working on your premises, just for starters.
    I know a small business who paid everyone on contractor basis and was penalized retroactively for years, all the payroll taxes, plus fines and interest. And none of them even worked on the premises, but they used equipment supplied by the company.

    The minimum needing a 1099 is still $600 for the year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Small Business for Tax Relief [ 1 Answers ]

I have only 4 years to retire. My mortgage is paid and have just some Employee Business Expences that I deduct and Property tax . However that will probably not be enough this year for my the usual Schedule A deductions which I deducted interest on mortgage in the past that in the past lower my tax...

Small Business Tax Refund [ 3 Answers ]

I own an online publication that I operate from my home and is sponsored by advertisers. I started it in August. What goes into deciding whether a small business gets a tax refund? Thanks you.

Small business tax right offs [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinkig about starting a small siding company and was wondering about tax right offs.This business will be based out of a home office so can I right off part off the house for company office space also what can I right off as far as exspences provided I keep reciepts for every thing .My wife...

View more questions Search