Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
    With all deference I don't think you need a CPA to set you up when it's just you and one helper and a struggling business. You DO need someone who knows what they are doing. Anyone can call himself a bookkeeper, but 'accountant' means more, and you pay a lot for 'certified.' I did it for years and was totally self taught, from IRS booklets.

There are associations of retired professionals who help with this! AARP offers help. But you need to find them where you are so you can get help in person. Check the AARP website.
    Brekyron Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Omgosh this is so helpful because I thought you just needed your insurance, work comp & the employees do a 1099 I am so happy God even put it on my mind 2 get up this morning & ask some questions I have a lot of people around me who are self employed so this is a blessing also I'm just waiting on some phone calls, also I have a cousin who's back from college whose major was accounting so maybe she can Help also I'm blessed 2 also have a tax preparer who's honest & can Help also what would I do without the many blessings the lord has sent my way I can't express enough how grateful & thankful I really am. Because I don't have money at all this is and has been my only source of income 4 two year's cleaning is my passion I want to be successful but only with doing this the right way
    Brekyron Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
    What is the differnce btwn comm, residential and retail wrk? Also if u have a relaible employer who only works wth on a average of 3/4 months how's does that work as taxation?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brekyron View Post
    what is the differnce btwn comm, residential and retail wrk? also if u have a relaible employer who only works wth on a average of 3/4 months hows does that work as taxation?
    Please don't use chat speak B.

Residential accounts are basically homes or housing related jobs. Commercial accounts are businesses such as office buildings, medical buildings, warehouses, etc. Retail speaks for itself.

Stringer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brekyron View Post
    what is the differnce btwn comm, residential and retail wrk? also if u have a relaible employer who only works wth on a average of 3/4 months hows does that work as taxation?
    Hello again, B:

I STAND by my earlier advice... You have NO IDEA what you're talking about! That's NOT criticism! NO boss KNOWS every single little job that everybody DOES in his company.. He HIRES EXPERTS. That's what you need to do. This is NOT something you can learn online. It is NOT something you can learn by reading IRS documents.

BE the expert cleaner that you are.. LET an expert businessperson HELP you RUN the business.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

How to bid correctly for a 81000 sq ft apartment complex totally gutted and rebuilt [ 4 Answers ]

We are new to starting a cleaning business in massachusettes, but are familer in construction. We currently install the windows for a major company here. But unsure what is a fair price to charge for final phase cleaning. Which they only want us to do the last 2 phases. I have seen quote's anywhere...

View more questions Search