Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 03:58 PM

Persistence Ben, persistence... it will come, just be ready with a plan to staff it and run it.

See you toward the end of the week. Corn fields... (sigh) here I come, that's about all that is between me and where I'm going... boring.

Stringer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminM580 View Post
    Seems like prices are much higher where you live. I have seen strip mall spots as low as 700 a month here
    Hello again, B:

The Padre is right. You don't have enough money... But, the gold business doesn't require a lot of money.

You don't NEED a physical location. The only reason retail business's have them is to attract walk by traffic. THAT is NOT where your business will come from. If you spent whatever money you'd spend on rent, on advertising and security instead, you'd be way ahead of the game. The mall is great for one thing, though. It's an excellent well lit and pubic place to meet your clients.

excon
    BenjaminM580 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Very true excon. I could just skip the physical location for now and meet people at the mall to make deals. Only problem is, what am I going to do, carry around a acid test kit in a briefcase or something? Only thing that worries me about that is what if mall security get on to me about it or notice me in there frequently and not like the fact that I am doing deals in the mall without paying for space.

I think there is a shop up the road that used to be a cash advance place. I don't think it has been rented out yet, I will have to check. It has a bank style wall with slide through bottoms and bullet proof glass though, unless they took out the wall since the cash advance place left. If it is still available it has been vacant for a couple years and I may be able to get it very cheap.

Apr 10, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Comment on BenjaminM580's post
    I also worry that some people would be afraid to meet me, even in a public place.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 05:58 PM

What about flea market locations, or work out of your house.

What about finding a partner or working for and/or with a family member

Apr 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
    Flea market could be a possibility. We have one about 10 minutes up the road from us. I think I am going to take Excons suggestion and try to start it off without a location. I checked Craigslist for people buying gold in my area and could only find one add, but the nearest major city (45 minutes north of us or so) has tons of them. I looked into finding a partner, I tried a few of my siblings and my parents and none of them really seem interested (or don't have the money and/or think they can't get a loan). I do have one of my oldest friends I could still try, but he has been kind of unreliable since his divorce. It would be right up his alley if he is interested though, he used to flip virtual merchandise in MMPORPGs and made a nice profit from it, and he also dabbled a little in flipping cars.

Apr 11, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Comment on BenjaminM580's post
    Ad* why do I keep misspelling that? Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE7 Kiosk Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I have set IE 7 (Win Vista) to run in Kiosk mode but whenever I click a link it goes to a new window which is not in Kiosk mode. How can I either make it open link in same window or make the new window appear in Kiosk mode as well. HELP!! :confused:

Kiosk at the malls [ 3 Answers ]

What a good sale item for kiosk

Retail Storefront Circuits [ 1 Answers ]

A 12/3 homerun supplies circuits R21 and R22. These 2 circuits supply a storefront. R21 supplies 3 receptacles controlled by a switch. R22 also supplies 3 receptacles controlled by a switch. They only supply the receptacles shown. 600.5(A) states "Outlets must be supplied by a branch circuit...

View more questions Search