Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2009, 03:17 AM
    Hey, JJCH!

It's still not too late to have some sort of Valentine's Day Special Offer for people. If there's one or two things that you know that you can do well for people and that they always need more than other things, getting them to find you by accident at certain times of the year is something that you might want to try.

Please click here, here, here and here.

The first place that I placed an ad for that was on hoobly.com It appeared first in listings on Google within the hour after placing it. However, they decided to "suspend" it. I guess that they thought that I was spamming. However, my other ads with them remain. A person does need to be careful with the number and type of ads that they place on sites.

Thanks!
    JJCH Posts: 122, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Persistence; Getting a job, is a job...a full time occupation.

JJ, have you considered in the meantime taking unemployment compensation if that is an option? That's what it is there for.
    I applied and got accepted. My last employer, when the got the notice, fought and won the appeal so I lost it. :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCH View Post
    I applied and got accepted. My last employer, when the got the notice, fought and won the appeal so I lost it. :(
    I am sorry to hear that, then I would say that for sure between 8 am to 5 pm all your efforts should be in getting resumes' out and perusing each job...

The unemployment office has job listing in their on site computers that are not advertised. Go there, check out all these also.

Feb 9, 2009, 04:53 PM

I've done that too actually, check it every day. Seems like all the cards are stacked against me doesn't it? Gets hard to handle sometimes. Hopefully something will come through, or with clough's help my ads will generate business... I keep my optimism up as much as I can.
    Business Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 05:18 PM
    I've done that too actually, check it every day. Seems like all the cards are stacked against me dosent it? Gets hard to handle sometimes. Hopefully something will come through, or with clough's help my ads will generate business... I keep my optimism up as much as I can.
    Good, glad to hear that JJ, is there really any other choice?

Yes, follow Cloug's advice closely, he is really knowledgeable and he too wants to help where he can.

Stringer

Feb 12, 2009, 04:56 PM

Well Clough, I got one call from my ad! Hehehe I'm on my way!! Lol
    Business Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Well Clough, I got one call from my ad! hehehe I'm on my way!!! lol
    Congratulations JJ, print it out and frame it. First of many! :)

Stringer
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Well Clough, I got one call from my ad! hehehe I'm on my way!!! lol
    Hey, that's AWESOME, JJCH!! :D
    Business Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 10:49 PM

Got to "spread" it around Clough... but see your help and expertise paid off again. Congratulations to you also my friend.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 02:36 AM

So, how are things going now, JJCH? It's getting near to springtime and would be a good time to start pumping out some ads for outdoor work.

Please let me know...

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 12:54 AM

Hi, Jason!

I did read your response about your ads on your other thread where we had discussed things about the jobs in PA. If you would like to continue here with how to make improvements to your ads, I will be glad to help you!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer networking [ 1 Answers ]

What is the function of data link layer in the ISO OSI layer?

Networking a printer to another computer [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am going to start with the back ground of my issue before I ask the actual question. I have a computer that has XP and is connected to the main printer. I have another computer that is running 2000 and is the host for the wireless internet. My XP computer recently crashed in a big way. I...

Truck Repair Services [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Dodge Dakota. The brake light and signal do not work. I have change all bulbs and fuses and it still does not work. The taillight and head light do work only the Brake lights and signals do not work. What is a girl to do?? Does anyone have any ideas?? Suzi

Computer networking [ 3 Answers ]

How do I connect two computers via ethernet for file sharing?

Computer Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Hello People. I have a problem where I have a speed touch modem and a belkin wireless g router. As its not got a wireless card in PC I used an rj45 to the back and it works wonderful. As you know its designed for wireless and I want to be able to connect my laptop via wireless internet connections....

View more questions Search