Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claire Peterson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Need for being bonded in business
    I am starting a small home business that will require entering clients' homes and handling possibly unpredictable animals. In seeking a bonding company, what level of risk should I assume, how broad should the coverage be and where should I seek this type of coverage?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 01:02 AM
    The first thing that I would do is to check with the city where you will be doing this type of work to see if you need to be bonded. Although being bonded might make you look better to customers or potential customers, it might not be necessary. If it's not necessary, you could save some money by not having to pay for it.

You will definitely need some kind of business liability insurance. I would suggest going to an insurance agent who has a lot of carriers so that you can get the best policy for the most reasonable price.

Hopefully, others will come along to also address your question. So, since you are talking about handling possibly unpredictable animals, there might be other issues with a city, county or some other type of entity that others here might be able to advise you.

Would you please tell us specifically what kind of business this is concerning, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Bonded for business [ 14 Answers ]

How and what do I do to get bonded for my business? Where do I go? How much does it cost?

How to get bonded for my new business [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Clearwater, FL and have just started my own Personal Concierge Service, "Gift of Time Concierge Service", does anyone know the process for getting bonded for a business like mine? As a personal concierge, I may be requested to be in someone's home to take care of something for them,...

Should I be bonded to run a pet sitter business? [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting a small business from my home but also will go into others private homes or out buildings to care for their animals. Is it required to be bonded to do this. I am just starting and haven't even had my first pet sitting job yet. Please let me know what I have to do to protect myself in...

How do I get bonded for a small cleaning business? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get bonded for a small cleaning business?

Business Being Named the Same as Another Business and Registering a Business [ 3 Answers ]

What if mt business name is taken and how do I register my company or business? :)

View more questions Search