Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    zionanmcswainj's Avatar
    zionanmcswainj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 4, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Assistance for ex-felons
    I'd like to start a transitions house for ex-felons or women in need of re-entry to society help.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,300, Reputation: 7691

    Jan 4, 2010, 08:42 PM

    There are grants, both state and federal, to help with this, it is a matter of applying, at times they will expect you to have an established, program that you can get federal or state funds to assist in the program you already have in place.

    Normally you will need a professional grant writer to do a program for you, and almost for sure have established a non profit group for the funding
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Jan 4, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Hi, zionanmcswainj!

    Around where I live, we have what's called the Safer Foundation. That sounds like might be the same sort of organization the you're wanting to start.

    Here's the link to them. Home - Safer Foundation

    There's also an organization around where I live that's called Transitions

    Here's the link to them. Transitions Mental Health They also help people to re-enter society and to develop life skills so that people can work on their own.

    If you contact either of those organizations, I'm sure there will be some people who could tell you the specifics as to what you might need to do.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

Grants or assistance for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any info on rehabilitated convicted felons getting help for college to become a chemical dependency counsler

View more questions Search