Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    W17chc124f7 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2010, 02:28 AM
    What makes your skin darken

Hey guys, I've read what you guys posted. I've been using mono for 4 weeks already and yes, my skin peels and it's getting lighter. But the thing is that... I only got a dark spot once on my butt because of excessive mono. Other than that, my skin never darken... So I was kind of afraid now, like.. what makes your skin darken? I didn't experience any skin darkening. I think it's because I've been consuming hell lots of Vitamin C which prohibit melanin production.
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

May 26, 2010, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by W17chc124f7 View Post
    Hey guys, I've read what u guys posted. I've been using mono for 4 weeks already and yes, my skin peels and it's getting lighter. But the thing is jus that... I only got a dark spot once on my butt because of excessive mono. Other than that, my skin never darken... So I was kinda afraid now, like.. what makes ur skin darken? I didn't experience any skin darkening. I think it's because i've been consuming hell lots of Vitamin C which prohibit melanin production.
    You could experience darkening for two reasons
    1. Excessive skin that need to be shed
    2. Your system fighting back, we have in our body what is called negative feedback the same concept is used to make some cancer drugs, they make similar drugs in structure to the enzyme they want to reduce, the body think it has enough of that drug so it stops the production of that enzyme.
    The same thing with melanin, once you are trying to reduce it the body will produce more hence you get darker but it is not always straight forward. I did not get any darker except when I first used it in tube form.
    ryansgirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 08:37 PM
    Wherer did you buy your mono.. EMAIL REMOVED
    lightgirl Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 8, 2010, 09:13 PM
    The sun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Darken paint [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know the best way to darken interior house paint? The color is a baby blue and I want it to be more blue-grey.

Does hydroquinone darken the skin too? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was using 10% f HQ solution dissolved in propylene glycol with lactic acid AHA twice daily,for a fortnight initially my skin turned red and then heavy pigmentation it is dark brown now :(,then peeling started.I stopped using the solution from last week,redness is not there how ever it ...

Does tea and coffee darken your skin? [ 23 Answers ]

I'm confused... some people say tea and coffee stimulates pigmentation which makes you darker... and some say it's just a myth... anyone know whether it really darkens your skin?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

Shaving makes skin go dark [ 1 Answers ]

I need help... ok………i shaved my bikini and now the result is that hairs grow more more faster and my skins gone all dark and I've been told recently that the more you shave, more your skin gets darker.I advice not to shave specilly for females.. is that anyway I can get rid of that dark skin.....

View more questions Search