Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loraine_2803 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 03:29 AM
    L-Glutathione
    Is L-Glutathione reaalt whiten the skin?And How much you need to take to to see the effect
    BabyBruchie Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
    I have been taking l-glutahione for my skin lightening and for me yes it does lighten based on my personal experience. I am speaking for myself. :)

Initially skin improvement is what you will be seeing for the first few weeks or months of taking l-glutathione and then lightening follows. I was told by my dermatologist that this is because, l-glutathione first "detoxify" our body and it is what it mainly does first before it lightens our skin. That is why skin improvement is what we see first because we are getting cleansed and it does reflect on our skin. As an anti-oxidant it would do its function first so goes detoxifying. Then when there nothing much toxins for the l-glutathione to work with the excess dosage we take goes with the skin lightening. As an effect for "over-dosing" with it is skin lightening.

To see effects, I read almost everywhere that you need to take 20mg at least up to 40mg the most of glutathione per kg of your body. Plus vitamin c that is twice the dosage of l-glutathione that you are taking. Or alpha lipoic acid if you cannot tolerate high vitamin C.

Whew! Taking l-glutathione for almost a year makes me feel like I am an expert LOL!
    tyragisele Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 11:50 AM
    How much does it lighten?
    LivingWell4U Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 12:42 PM

I am a glutathione educator and would like to add to this the fact that taking oral glutathione does not raise glutathione levels. There may be other reasons for BabyBruchie's results, but it isn't the glutathione pills. Please see PubMed study here:

The systemic availability of oral glutathione. [Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992] - PubMed result

BabyBruchie is correct however, that when you raise your glutathione levels, you will experience antioxidant and detoxification benefits, along with immune system optimization and natural energy. But you won't get that from oral glutathione pills. The best methods are with building blocks, specifically forms of cysteine:

How To Raise Glutathione - What Are The Best Ways?

She is also correct that you need to take co-factors with your chosen method of raising glutathione. Vitamin C is one of the co-factors, and you can view the specifics on the above page.

You may also find this page about oral glutathione informative:

A Glutathione Pill - What Is It, And Can I Take It To Raise My Glutathione?

This is a complex subject, and these aspects are misunderstood by many. The above information is based on Dr. Gutman's writings. Learning from Dr. Jimmy Gutman, world's most published author on the subject of glutathione, will go a long way towards giving you the information you need to truly be a glutathione expert. Keep learning and you will be amazed at what you find.

Good health to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L-Glutathione [ 27 Answers ]

There Is So Much Confusion Surrounding The Effectiveness Of L-glutathione As A Skin Lightener And So Much Conlicting Information That I Think It Is About Time That Those Who Claim To Have Had Result Provide Us All With Photographic Evidence In The Form Of Before And After Photos. If They Are...

Glutathione [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a glutathione at watsons drugstores for only 850 they said that it is generic having 300mg... how long will I wait to have my skin ligthen if a take 1 tablet/ day can I take 3 tablets a day?? It also has the vit c with it.

Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

Can you recommend a less costly but potent glutathione brand? Have you heard of its adverse effects? What about the lead content in magic creams? What are its adverse effects?

View more questions Search