Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Aug 25, 2009, 04:10 AM
    I made a complexion chart for African Americans.
    No one take offense to this please. All of these women have beautiful and clear skin and all of the women on this chart are beautiful! I just made this so it would be easier for some to reference or describe their skin color/tone and what their goal is. (I am also aware that some of these women may have used skin bleaching products or the lighting may make them look lighter than they actually are. But I'm just basing the chart off what I see in the picture.)

I went from between a Dark 2/ Dark 3 to a Medium Light (1). Some days when I don't use anything for like a week I fall back into a Medium Dark (4). My original goal was actually to get to a Medium Dark (2)... But I guess I just kept liking the results. I think Now my final goal will be a Medium Light (3)... I used mostly movate and fashion fair creams to get me to my desired complexions. But I'm now using the natural lightening method and I use Christaline. Which I LOVE.

Feel free to share your complexion and your complexion goals. Please don't take offense. This was not made to insult or hurt anyone's feelings.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Aug 25, 2009, 05:48 AM

Is that you in your profile picture?
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 05:54 AM

Ok Brown deciet which Movate did you use (is it the one with an E on it in a pink & green tube) and which creams from fashion fair?
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 25, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Brown Deceit.. if that is you in your profile... you could pass off for an Indian girl.. and beautiful too !
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Aug 25, 2009, 08:18 AM

^Why would she want to "pass" for an Indian girl? What in the hell is wrong with being "Black" or "African-American"?
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    ^Why would she want to "pass" for an Indian girl? What in the hell is wrong with being "Black" or "African-American"?
    As human beings, we all want what we generally can't have naturally. You'll see light to medium skinned Indian girls wanting a fairer and more Caucasian skin tone; goes for darker skinned Hispanics and Latinos as well. Of course, White Caucasian girls love tans, and lust after the one present in Latinos and Hispanics.

This doesn't go for everyone obviously; some people are happy or don't care about the skin tone they have.

Oh, might I add, I have nothing against people who are interested in lighter skin. If it makes you look better, than it's all for the best, right?
    B-L-U-E Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 01:09 PM

Hmmm,, nice work,, Browndeceit

You are so beautiful by the way
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Is that you in the Av because if so you are really pretty and I so like the way your tone is even. My problem is trying to get my arms to lighten. I tan easily and this summer has really gotten me to the point to where I feel I have to start over from the beginning :(
    Quote Originally Posted by B-L-U-E View Post
    hmmm ,,,,,,,,nice work ,,,,,,,,,,,,Browndeceit

u r so beautiful btw
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Thanks Brown Deceit for this chart, I find it very beneficial. I agree from looking at your avatar your complexion has lightened to a Medium Light (3), job well done and it looks very natural!

I would say that I'm at a medium light (1) or medium dark (4). My goal is to reach and maintain to a light (3) or light (4) complexion... well, light (3) would be more ideal.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 02:31 AM

That's not her in her avitar it's a singer

Aug 26, 2009, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    That's not her in her avitar its a singer
    I never said it was me. And that is definitely not a singer. That's a film producer. Anyway just wanted to update you all on my progress. I'm going to slow down on the Christaline and keep up with the ambi soap. I don't want to over do it too much at once. Though it's natural, too much of one thing can never be good right? PM me for before and after pictures. I'm not comfortable with posting for the public.
    Secretly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 04:33 AM

Browndeceit Good to hear it worked for you, is that you in that picture?.

I am now using Clairissime lightening body milk and naturessence Swiss Collagen Fade Cream...
    Any experience with these creams?

Aug 26, 2009, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly View Post
    Browndeceit Good to hear it worked for you, is that you in that picture?....

I am now using Clairissime lightening body milk and naturessence Swiss Collagen Fade Cream....
    Any experience with these creams??
    No that's not me. And no I haven't tried those. I try to steer clear of body milks. They don't do much for me... Well sometimes they are good for moisturizing. But as far as lightening. Nothing. And I've never heard of the collagen one either.

Aug 26, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Thanks Brown Deceit for this chart, I find it very beneficial. I agree from looking at your avatar your complexion has lightened to a Medium Light (3), job well done and it looks very natural!

I would say that I'm at a medium light (1) or medium dark (4). My goal is to reach and maintain to a light (3) or light (4) complexion.... well, light (3) would be more ideal.
    Wow. That would be awesome if you made it all the way up to the light (4). What was your original color? What's the main product that you use/used to get you to your point?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:14 PM
    My original color is like the medium light (1) and medium dark (4), as I have redarkened now. But my new regimine I am hoping will work within a few weeks, so my fingers are crossed. The lightest I had been was with makari, and I say I was around a medium light (3) and light (1) until I stopped.
    ncimfabulous Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 02:26 PM

Love this chart I think when I update on my progress I will use this as a visual reference.
    SistahSustaGurl Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 05:15 PM

Mya is WAYYYYYYYY lighter than beyonce , she should be the lightest on the chart because beyonce is naturally darker, I don't understand why so many blk people consider beyonce to be light, she has always been medium brown/ borderline light brown... BUT MYA IS DEFINITELY LIGHTER, the chart should be corrected
    SistahSustaGurl Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SistahSustaGurl View Post
    mya is WAYYYYYYYY lighter than beyonce , she should be the lightest on the chart because beyonce is naturally darker, i don't understand why so many blk ppl consider beyonce to be light, she has always been medium brown/ borderline light brown...BUT MYA IS DEFINITELY LIGHTER, the chart should be corrected
    Omg keri hilson isn't light either, but I guess you are trying to differentiate the different colors b/t blk folks... but beyonce is not the lightest
    ncimfabulous Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Maybe their just going by those pics because there are a couple of celebrities in the wrong places but not according to those pics.
    honeycaramel Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    I never said it was me. And that is definitely not a singer. That's a film producer. Anyway just wanted to update you all on my progress. I'm gonna slow down on the Christaline and keep up with the ambi soap. I don't want to over do it too much at once. Though it's natural, too much of one thing can never be good right? PM me for before and after pictures. I'm not comfortable with posting for the public.
    I just joined this forum today. What does PM mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment of African Americans [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, so this fall I will be a senior in high school so I have started looking at colleges. I'm not worried about distance if I find a school that I really like. It just so happens that I found a school in Australia. It's Bond University and I would love to go there. I have been emailing the...

Skin Lightening for African Americans! [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I've been checking out the forums on skin whitening for african americans and I'm confused and really need help. I'm a very dark person due to being in the sun all day I'd like lighten up at least 3-4 shades. If anyone can assist me on some good information, or products to try it would be...

Coloring Hair for African Americans [ 2 Answers ]

I am a black woman who is half white and half black. How long should I wait to color my hair after I put a relaxer it it?

Civil war and african americans [ 4 Answers ]

How did america's first attempt at integration manifest and evolvein the first 30 years after the civil war??

View more questions Search