Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Jul 30, 2009, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the update, Mj. How are you mixing it and how many times a day are you applying? I was using it, but my skin got too dry.
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    Thanks for the update, Mj. How are you mixing it and how many times a day are you applying? I was using it, but my skin got too dry.

Ive learnt that the drying process is part of lightening though... I was applying 2 times a day and I found my whole body got really dry, itchy and scaly and looked really dark, and I thought that it wasn't working because my skin went really dark, but it was because all the dead skin cells and pigment cells were hanging on the surface and no matter how much you exfoliate, it doesn't come off, it sheds in its own time! So I thought I would give it time, and took my dose down to once a day because it was just too painful applying it more than once while the skin was like that... and slowly but surely, the skin rubbed off and the lighter skin was underneath and also the spots.. and the drying process is less sever each time the skin sheds.. the first was the worse and it was hard to even move sometimes because it was that tight, cracked and sore... But the less pigment there is to die, the less the symptoms are when applying mono.

I found mixing my powder with straight apricot oil and olive oil was the best... no alcohol, no cream... But when I mix the powder with oil.. it is very pasty, and its guaranteed to mix properly and when I put it on my skin, I also apply nivea cream over my body, just to help it rub in OK and it makes my skin silky smooth and also stops hair growth.. it minimizes the time that the hair takes to grow back on legs after a wax or shave, which is cool :)

Anyway... hope that info helps...

Jul 31, 2009, 09:56 AM

Yes, MJ, this helps a lot!! Thanks so much.
    bananahamak Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Ooooo... mj thanks for the advice will defo start using oil to dissolve now instead of the hand sanitiser,
    Well at the mo, the crease on my arm near your elbow. Is like a pinkish white the lightest part on my body and the rest of my arm has gone reallyyyyy dark so it looks really weird. So I wear long sleaves till that sorts.
    My face and neck are brill there nearly there, my hands are getting lightter too. Because the skin on your hands and feet is meant to be the hardest to lighhten, so I apply it to them 4 times a day whereas I put it on the rest of my body twice.
    Il see how the oil goes. Thanks again
    bananahamak Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 03:17 PM
    I just mixed a frsh batch of mono that I dissolved in oil and oh my... there's hardly any drying at all my skin is like soft.
    What I do is I have a bath morning and evening and while I am still wet apply johnsons baby oil all over , but I don't wipe yself dry I leave it to soak into my body. Once it has all soaked I apply the mono that I dissolved in oil (which also has lotion almond oil and sun block mixed in)
    Now my skin is like 10 times more soft... so thanks a lot mj I will defo recommend it to anyone.
    Super Shallow Posts: 145, Reputation: 7
    -

Aug 7, 2009, 03:35 PM

Who is that anil??
    Likerose Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Aug 8, 2009, 10:56 AM

HI
    Finally Its over than 25 days that I have not used Monobenzone. My skin is still light no effect of this break As I used Sunscreen lotion while going outside and start caring more.
    I really Very thankfull to you all and fairnglow.

Aug 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Likerose View Post
    HI
    Finally Its over than 25 days that I have not used Monobenzone. My skin is still light no effect of this break As I used Sunscreen lotion while going outside and start caring more.
    I really Very thankfull to you all and fairnglow.
    Why are you posting about fairnglow on a page where we are talking about Anil's mono.. I think you may be associated with the company as all your messages seem to be talking that company up whenever you post.. when really... from my experience.. Fairnglow wasn't even real mono.. for one thing, its not supposed to work so quickly as to lighten in 1 week, not to mention when I stopped using it.. within 1 to 2 days, it turned me back to my original color. So I'm thinking it was mercury or something, like what they use over in China.

At least with Anil's... It takes time.. as it should.. they state on official websites with Monobenzone info that it can take up to 4 months to show any progress..

Another thing is.. fairnglow smells like lemons, and they claim to not use anything but pure mono and a normal base cream... which is lies. The cream has a strong lemon scent and therefor has to have some kind of bleach in it or something.. you know, like that hydroquinone bleach cream that they sell on the internet... So it could very well just be that with mercury or something...

Anyway just thought I should give my opinion on it all.

Will post soon with more progress updates and hopefully photos too.

Aug 9, 2009, 09:27 AM

Thanks, MJ. I look forward to hearing about your progress. I am using my cream 2xday with the oil instead of alcohol like you said and it has helped my skin a whole lot.
    -

Aug 11, 2009, 08:48 AM

o.k he is very cheap
    He sells 1kg 200 usd
    But is it real mono?

Mono.net sells 1kg fake mono powder 1060 usd

What you think?

Aug 11, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Ok, so another update!

It seems like now after the 4th month I think it has been now.. that the spots that came up last month, are spreading fast which is great.. mostly on my tummy and upper thighs, my calves( lower part of legs ) are not doing anything... and neither is my back really.. but at the top of my butt there is a pinky white mark and there are little pinky white dots all around my genital area.. The white dot behind my right underarm seems to have spread like half a centimeter and the dead skin cells from the sides of my ribs are slowly coming off with lighter skin underneathe.. There are a few white spots on both my arms.. though the crease in the middle of the arm is all cracked on both arms as it got so dry from the mono and sometimes I wasn't putting extra moisturizer on, so it is all cracked and red at the moment, but with pinky white marks underneath.
    My face is strange with the mono... for like 10 minutes after I apply.. my skin goes almost translucent, specially around my temple area, though through the day, the skin goes darker.. so I'm not sure if that's the initial process of the mono doing its job, then the melanin fights and hence why the skin darkens till you apply it again... though slowly but surely the skin is getting lighter.. but very slow process... but I guess that is the mono way!

I have included a photo for you all.. it was difficult trying to get a good shot without the flash making effects, but the photo doesn't show the spots properly.. they are very noticeable, and in the photo, you can't see that... I hate when photos do that... anyway hopefully later on I can take more than actually show more..
    Maybe others can post their pics as well? The ones using Anil's..

By the way... I am nearly through my 1kg powder and have ordered another, it should be here in a few days I was told... When mixing the powder with straight oil, you use more mono for some reason... does anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Anyway will touch back in, in a week or two with more of an update..

guesswhoiam Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2009, 10:30 AM

Good for you. I see what you are saying that the camera is not showing up the spots that much. But I see a beautiful complexion. So congrats and hopefully all the spots get bigger and eventually join. Well you know I am the Hydroquinone girl but I am still not satisfied with the HYDRO that I buy from mono.net So I just called Anil and he is going to mak a comoosition for me and send me a quote. He's really helpful. I look forward to hearing from him.

Aug 11, 2009, 10:37 AM

Mj, I understand what you are saying too. I have those same spots on my arms and lots of little tiny confetti spots on my tummy. I still don't apply mono to my face. Im using a 10% hydroquinone on my face, which has gone very pale. It seems like this process of mono is going to be a very long and slow one. But I'm hanging in there. I am glad that you are too.

Aug 11, 2009, 10:53 AM

Clueless2008 I bought my hydro from mono... where did you get your 10% from?
    -

Aug 11, 2009, 10:59 AM

Mono spots anil whatever
    Watta sexyy legss
    -

Aug 11, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Show us the powder pics

Aug 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by guesswhoiam View Post
    Clueless2008 I bought my hydro from mono...where did you get your 10% from?

Guess, I got my 10% hydro from a doctor. He has it compounded with retin-a. It works, but it is quite expensive. When I'm there, I usually stock up on about 4.

Aug 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    Guess, I got my 10% hydro from a doctor. He has it compounded with retin-a. It works, but it is quite expensive. When I'm there, I usually stock up on about 4.
    Ok Thanks... I think you mentioned that before... CYA
    -

Aug 11, 2009, 04:33 PM

MJ can you show me the powder pics
    jystyn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by italiana View Post
    lighter,i want to ask you some questions in private,but i can't send you a pm i think because im still new here?? I'm thinking of using a high concentration of hydroquinone instead of mono.
    The highest concentration you can get over the counter is 2% and the highest you can get by prescription is 4% which, depending on how dark your skin is will take a considerable amount of time (usually within 3-4 weeks before you see results) there are also carcinogenic factors involved if you use HQ for a long time, and if you stop it, can cause mottled skin or may redarken. I am not advertising for anyone, but I will mention that I am trying to get Benoquin through a reputable organization, not fairnglow, nothing from china or india, not monobenzone or depig. They actually treat vitiligo patients but are willing to sell Benoquin. I will let you know the results and if it is satisfactory, I will give details on how to get it via pm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search