Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 02:40 AM
    Sorry to hear about your expereinces, I used their produts with great results and I have not had a problem with any of their creams, sometimes it takess time to lighten and you got to be ready to see it through, well I am still maintaing on their products now.
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

May 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabwhite View Post
    Hey guys,
    I started using hydroquinone in a very high percentage like last week. I have been applying it every morning and evening as a part of my skin whitening regimen, but I also apply it randomly throughout the day if I have time. I also use kojic acid soap once a day... Since I started using the high %, my skin has gotten very dark:mad:... Im trying to tell myself that this is just the start of the skin whitening process and it's gonna get better, but at the same time, I realize that i'm not peeling or anything so i feel like im digging myself more into the whole... I am determined to keep going no matter what i see right now, but was wondering if there is any other better way out with fast results... Or is anyone else using a high % and noticing similar results as me?
    It probably not hydroquinone... use bio claire... and mix the oil and cream together.. you'll get results.. bio claire cream and oil...
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 18, 2009, 06:40 PM

I got the messy stuff also. I tried it w/ retin a. it did nothing. I told them. They sent me a different mix free of charge( I paid postage)
    40% pink creamy. I saw a diffrence in the inside on my arms. The lighterr area get lighterr first. Translation: it's slow acting which means a lot of money unless u mix it yourself to make it stronger.
    yesitslee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yazter View Post
    Good luck with your skin "darkener" then.
    Seriously, though stop before it's too late. I know the rush and I know the feeling, I've been wanting to be light my whole life, but using fake products will not bring real results (if any).

Mixing hydroquinone is EASY. It's very dissolvable into water.. or alchol (hand sanitizer). mix: 10% alcohol, 10% aloe vera, 10-20% hydroquinone.

stir them in a cup, make sure the cup is inside a bowl of hot water to add heat.
    stirr and mix.
    add a lot moisturizer
    mix then put it in a blender (any blender). Click on "puree" or "liquify" and leave it for 5-7 minutes, it will be liquid. use a proper container (dark color so no light can come through) and put in a fridge.
    Hi, can you please add some slower details to this? For the percentages, can you give those ingredients in tsp or gms? That would be so helpful! Also, did you use aloe vera gel or juice? There is a big difference in the feel. And when you say add a lot of moisturizer, does that mean you added it to the prior mix while it was still being heated or after it was cooled or what? Sorry for the questions but I don't want to waste my hydroquinone crystals I just got and I really want a stable recipe I can make over and over that works. Also, did you add any retin a or lactic cream to this? Thanks so much! (hey I know others wanted to ask all this too so I'll take the heat and be the bad guy! Lol)

Jan 22, 2010, 05:37 PM

Let me just add this for clarity. I did first try dissolving the crystals in glycerine like someone suggested and added that to a cream and when that didn't work I saw another post that said they used it as a serum from just dissolving it in glcerine, then using cream separately. Has anyone tried this? Its strong but they said it worked.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yesitslee View Post
    Let me just add this for clarity. I did first try dissolving the crystals in glycerine like someone suggested and added that to a cream and when that didnt work I saw another post that said they used it as a serum from just dissolving it in glcerine, then using cream separately. Has anyone tried this? Its strong but they said it worked.
    Yesitlee, why not try diluting the Hq in ethanol alcohol since that is a common ingredient in cosmetics when it comes to dilution. Dilute in a dark container only, prevent contamination with other ingredients in the beginning and try to decrease light and air exposure as much as possible to prevent oxidation. Use a tight lid to cover, then after diluted add your cremes, water, and the other ingredients. Thoroughly blend. Use a bottle with pump instead of a jar.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 24, 2010, 01:13 AM

Do not carry on well that's my opionin.

Jan 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
    hi, can you please add some slower details to this? For the percentages, can you give those ingredients in tsp or gms? That would be so helpful! Also, did you use aloe vera gel or juice? There is a big difference in the feel. And when you say add a lot of moisturizer, does that mean you added it to the prior mix while it was still being heated or after it was cooled or what? Sorry for the questions but I dont want to waste my hydroquinone crystals I just got and I really want a stable recipe I can make over and over that works. Also, did you add any retin a or lactic cream to this? Thanks so much! (hey I know others wanted to ask all this too so I'll take the heat and be the bad guy! lol)
    Golden, thank you so much for that! I did add it to the alcohol, which I also saw on another site, that this can be found in most hand sanitizers. It dissolved very well and after it cooled to warm, I added it Nadinola and it turned out great! I will need to find more moisturizer to add to it though since I dissolved a full tsp in the alcohol and that would be about 20% HQ concentration for the alcohol I used, about 64 ml or one small bottle. I didn't want it that high but I didn't research the concentration until after and now I don't want to waste. I will also try adding the Palmers Fade Serum with the Kojic and the RA .1% when I get them as well as this seems to be a very workable combo on the other forum. Will keep updating! You guys are a wealth of good help.

Uh.. SouthAf, what does that mean?
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Golden, thank you so much for that! I did add it to the alcohol, which I also saw on another site, that this can be found in most hand sanitizers. It dissolved very well and after it cooled to warm, I added it Nadinola and it turned out great! I will need to find more moisturizer to add to it though since I dissolved a full tsp in the alcohol and that would be about 20% HQ concentration for the alcohol I used, about 64 ml or one small bottle. I didnt want it that high but I didnt research the concentration til after and now I dont want to waste. I will also try adding the Palmers Fade Serum with the Kojic and the RA .1% when I get them as well as this seems to be a very workable combo on the other forum. Will keep updating! You guys are a wealth of good help.

uh..SouthAf, what does that mean??

The only way to learn to compound and formulate is by practice, no need to limit yourself. I am interested in doing so within a month or 2, but what some do not understand is that every precaution should be taken, properly measured, and what each chemical and ingredient does and how it interacts with the other ingredients used.

What type of alcohol did you use? Did you see any browning of color? If not, then it may have not oxidized which is a positive thing. Honestly, I wouldn't use 20% Hq on the skin as that is way too strong and will eventually damage and burn the skin and may permanently damage it.

Only needed is 4-5% Hq to receive great results, you should try diluting it much further, another plus with diluting it further is that you will have more product that will last you longer, please do not use 20% hq as is..

Jan 24, 2010, 09:23 PM

Thanks Golden, you are truly the life blood of this forum. You are so right, the compound I made is very strong so I will definitely wait and add it to more cream. Actually, the Nadinola that I bought had a free jar of Shea cream attached to it and it is VERY good, but I think I will need at least a full 12-16 oz more to make it the 6%. I used a prescription 6% HQ plus .1% RA in the past and it absolutely WORKED! So I want to duplicate this if possible. My doc died so I am now trying to compound myself to save the funds. I have already created the perfect sunscreen by duplicating the amazing Melashade since I already make my own mineral cosmetics. I had all the ingredients for the best sunblock on hand: the Titanium and pure Zinc oxide which are the main ingredients in the best sunblocks. This has worked well for me and my family that I make it for, we absolutely hate the sun effects, so I will add it to my lightening routine.
    I just heard of a great moisture cream on the other forum, the Carotein? Has anybody here used that? It almost sounds like a miracle lotion for those of us that lighten!
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 10:48 PM
    thanks Golden, you are truly the life blood of this forum. You are so right, the compound I made is very strong so I will definitely wait and add it to more cream. Actually, the Nadinola that I bought had a free jar of Shea cream attached to it and it is VERY good, but I think I will need at least a full 12-16 oz more to make it the 6%. I used a prescription 6% HQ plus .1% RA in the past and it absolutely WORKED! so I want to duplicate this if possible. My doc died so I am now trying to compound myself to save the funds. I have already created the perfect sunscreen by duplicating the amazing Melashade since I already make my own mineral cosmetics. I had all the ingredients for the best sunblock on hand: the Titanium and pure Zinc oxide which are the main ingredients in the best sunblocks. This has worked well for me and my family that I make it for, we absolutely hate the sun effects, so I will add it to my lightening routine.
    I just heard of a great moisture cream on the other forum, the Carotein? Has anybody here used that? It almost sounds like a miracle lotion for those of us that lighten!
    Yes, I have heard Carotein Nourishing and Fairness Cream and that it is a good exfoliating AHA lotion. I am looking for this product too so to add it to my regimen. That's good that your making your own sunblock? Very nice. What is the spf for yours?

Jan 25, 2010, 10:49 AM

Hi Golden, here is a link I found from the other site for the cream. I think the correct one has to be the Carotein Fairness Cream not the lotion.[URL="http://xtremebeauty.net/index.http://xtremebeauty.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_49&produ cts_id=100&zenid=65ed62df6d06e9ee0b0cf6cd31c75d93[/URL]
    For the sunblock, it is spf 80. But all I did was duplicate the Melashade. I googled the ingredients of several best selling sunblocks and I happened to have all their ingredients. I can see how a good sunblock would help your skin get back to its natural color. I use it year round. One thing I just found is that some are saying the Carotein works so well, that they would only use one or the other of the RA, not both. And that is how well it exfoliates! I plan on looking around at some of the beauty supply shops here first to see if I can find it quickly before I order online.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 11:12 PM
    hi Golden, here is a link I found from the other site for the cream. I think the correct one has to be the Carotein Fairness Cream not the lotion.[URL="http://xtremebeauty.net/index.http://xtremebeauty.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_49&produ cts_id=100&zenid=65ed62df6d06e9ee0b0cf6cd31c75d93[/URL]
    For the sunblock, it is spf 80. But all I did was duplicate the Melashade. I googled the ingredients of several best selling sunblocks and I happened to have all their ingredients. I can see how a good sunblock would help your skin get back to its natural color. I use it year round. One thing I just found is that some are saying the Carotein works so well, that they would only use one or the other of the RA, not both. And that is how well it exfoliates! I plan on looking around at some of the beauty supply shops here first to see if I can find it quickly before I order online.
    Thanks much for the link, I'll check it out soon so I read more on this.
    My fav sunblock is Neutrogena spf 55-90
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 09:26 PM

Hey guys, I was just looking for a good sunscreen for me as well. I knew that in order to get the protection from UVA/UVB rays, the sunscreen has to have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. I went to ULTA and the lady there was trying to get me to buy one for like $40 bucks. I came home and looked online. I found a good one, here's the link (Vanicream SPF 60, Zinc Sunscreen - Coolibar Inc.). Im wondering if anyone used this one before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

High Percentage of Medicare & SSN Tax [ 2 Answers ]

In my current paycheck I noticed that, the amount of medicare and SSN tax that got deducted from my taxable wage is little higher. I know that the SSN tax percentage is 6.2% of the taxable income and medicare is 1.45% of the taxable income. I have also heard that these are not refundable while...

Safe Percentage Of Hydroquinone [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ok here's the deal. My face is a light brown complexion BUT... my eyelids are still brown. I've tried kojic acid, makari, hypercreme and I can't for the love of god lighten my eyelids. So I thought 'ah a small percentage of hydroquinone should help''. I don't know of any safe creams...

View more questions Search