Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 11:03 AM

I know well if your at your desired color than it would be good for you to move to natural products... I think the injections are not as bad, because glutathione is suppose to be good for you... thanks for your recipe. Did you get the powder from them as well, or you got it from somewhere else.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabwhite View Post
    i know well if ur at ur desired color than it would be good for u to move to natural products... i think the injections are not as bad, because glutathione is suppose to be good for you... thanks for ur recipe. did u get the powder from them as well, or u got it from somewhere else.
    Yeah I got my hq usp from them also, its already processed for cosmetic usage, I am not sure about the photo grade hq though, I have not tried that
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 20, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doloress View Post
    Hi everyone i Have been lurking around this site for quite sometimes but never registered. I was looking for tips on lightening and have read some crazy advices. I first have tried makari which broke me out in hives. Then i tried hypercreme which gave me stretch marks on my thighs and legs ( i think that sh*t had steroid in it, it lightened me like crazy but stretch marks were also the other prize). Anyway i then tried thienna's method and drank tonnes of MSM with no results. Then followed kojic acid which lightened me unevenly. So i finally decided to go the dark side and bought some hydroquinone cream. I bought obagi 4% which lightened me but stopped after a while. I was so tired of this results so i purchased some photographic grade hydroquinone powder. I study chemistry at university so i asked questions about HQ and what kind of product to best mix it with. I found out HQ powder is moderatly soluble in water and freely soluble in alcohol. But don't go rushing into your medical cabinet and grabbing medical grade alcohol. you will need for a 20% concentration:

dpg di propylene glycol: Used in skin care products, has a glycerin like consistence and a good carrier. you can buy it on ebay or google it for about £15 or $22

HQ powder I got 600 grams for about £30 or $45

A good moisturizer: i use E 45 moisturizing lotion for face and body 500ml for £4.60 or $7. it is perfect because the bottle has a pump which stops the HQ from oxidising.

And retin A gel or cream 0.1% i use the gel because it penetrates the skin better.

So when you get all of these, buy some gloves, lab mixing spatula or get plastic spoons that you can throw away, mixing clear tub with a lid that is clear so you can see if there is any crystals that have not dissolve.

First heat up some water in a pot you are not going to use for cooking, then pour about 25 to 30 ml of. the propylene glycol in the tub close it and put it in the pot and heat it until it goes from the glycerin like consistence to water like ( really fluid).

cool it for about 30 secs, then add the 10 grams of HQ powder rapidly so air doesnt get in it too much. Close the tub and let it in there for 5mins. it will dissolves slowly.

After the 5 mins, shake the tub rapidly, look if there is anymore crystals and let it sit if you observe any.

After the crystals have dissolved pour about 50 to 75 ml of your lotion in little by little, mixing it with the propylene glycol. then add about 10 grams of retin a. This is optional. I do not mix my retin a to the lotion because it irritates my neck and chest. so i put some lotion in my hand then add a pea size of retin a and mix them together when i apply it.

Pour the solution in a opaque pump bottle so no light and air can get inside it.

Now you are ready to use it.

Happy lightening.:D

Ps: for those of you have been dissolving your HQ in water, it will probably not dissolve and will oxidise straight away. And i have read about others who received brown HQ creams, People trust me this has long oxidised and will hardly be effective.
    How many shades so far have u lightened with this mix?
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 20, 2009, 05:36 PM

doloress I looked at the site where I bought the propylene glycol from and it states its used for cosmetic purposes anyway, I mix me up a batch 2 day I made a 7 oz. batch, so basically I double the ingredients, anyway when I mix the hq in the propylene glycol it turn brown, is that normal? But when I mix the lotion with it it wasn't brown. As long as the lotion isn't brown right?
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycee07 View Post
    doloress i looked at the site where i bought the propylene glycol from and it states its used for cosmetic purposes anyway, i mix me up a batch 2 day i made a 7 oz. batch, so basically i double the ingredients, anywho when i mix the hq in the propylene glycol it turn brown, is that normal? but when i mix the lotion with it it wasn't brown. as long as the lotion isnt brown right?
    HQ will always turn BROWN when exposed to air, kind of like the toilet water you communted on earlier,:eek: but ohhh well, that's in the past, but give it a try hq works great in lightening
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

May 21, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    HQ will always turn BROWN when exposed to air, kinda like the toilet water you communted on earlier,:eek: but ohhh well, thats in the past, but give it a try hq works great in lightening

Is it just HQ that goes brown when exposed to air or mono too?
    Because I used to use the mono from eBay, you know the 3 % one, and it all went brown when exposed to air! So maybe they were just using HQ and not mono?
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006 View Post
    is it just HQ that goes brown when exposed to air or mono too?
    Because i used to use the mono from ebay, you know the 3 % one, and it all went brown when exposed to air! So maybe they were just using HQ and not mono?
    I believe they both turn brown, hq quicker than mono, cause I had some old mono that also turned brown on me after some time
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

May 21, 2009, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    i beleive they both turn brown, hq quicker than mono, cause i had some old mono that also turned brown on me after some time
    Oh OK thanks for info..
    At the moment I'm using what I thought to be old mono, but it hasn't turned brown at all so I'm thinking it may be mercury or something else.. whatever it is, its working well, but I will definitely be stopping if I find out its something other than mono...
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006 View Post
    oh ok thanks for info..
    At the moment im using what i thought to be old mono, but it hasnt turned brown at all so im thinking it may be mercury or something else.. whatever it is, its working well, but i will definitely be stopping if i find out its something other than mono...
    Well I am trying to waen off mono, hq etc, I got this new retina 10% its suppose to be super strong, I am going to start trying it with my pills,soap and injections to see if ill be able to maintain on this regimn. That's as natural as I can get for now:D
    doloress Posts: 24, Reputation: 8

May 21, 2009, 06:14 AM

Hi krazycee,
    If it turns slightly brown is because it has been exposed to air a little mine did that the first time but after I poured my lotion in it it was white so I didn't reallyworry abut that and it worked great. Hi sweetchica I think I have lightened about 5 shades. My brothers call me Michael jackson lol even though I am not like him.
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

May 21, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doloress View Post
    Hi krazycee,
    if it turns slightly brown is because it has been exposed to air a little mine did that the first time but after i poured my lotion in it it was white so i didnt reallyworry abut that and it worked great. hi sweetchica i think i have lightened about 5 shades. my brothers call me Micheal jackson lol eventhough i am not like him.

Oh OK then, I was a bit worried at first, but now that I know that's normal I'm going to use it and see what happens, hopefully it works!
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 03:26 PM

Will rubbing alcohol work for this? Thanks

May 21, 2009, 10:06 PM

I am so happy that the homemade hydroquinone cream is working for you! I will get started on making mine, but I want to make sure I get all the right products before I start... I would hate to be dissapointed again...

May 22, 2009, 12:44 AM

Hey does anyone know whre to buy dpg dipropylene glycol in US stores? I don't want to get it online because of the shipping fee and the time it takes for them to ship out...
    choc-lit Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2009, 03:06 PM

Hi doloress, I live in london and would love to try "your cream" lol. I am new to this site so I haven't worked out how to pm anyone. Please email me. I am on hotmail.co.uk and my email is debzakaloud@ please don't laugh guys, I was 13 when I made the email lol. Please please email me where I can get everything. Thank you
    skated Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 07:26 AM

Hello
    doloress I am planning to use e45 lotion with mequinol instead of the HQ powder.Do u think I will be fine?u said you had stretch marks have they faded as you have been using the cream? I used to use tenovate and HQ and it gave me stretch marks all over my arms and shoulder which I can't get rid of and the look worse because I have put on weight any recommendations on hat to do?I will appreciate your help. Thanks
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Oh wow, I never noticed this thread was here Doloress. Thanks for this.

Skated, you may want to take a look at these articles on how to improve your stretchmarks:
    http://www.iloveindia.com/home-remed...tch-marks.html

http://www.docshop.com/education/der...-mark-removal/

http://www.stretchmarkcure.com/
    ncimfabulous Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2010, 11:55 AM

Thank you for the information I know this will be a lot more cost effective for people especially me. Now if I can just find out where to get the hq powder. How long are you guys going to lighten using hq before you stop? Or what's a safe time?
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 22, 2010, 01:09 PM

May I ask is it safe to use such a high percentage of HQ? And is it legal to get photo grade HQ and use it cosmetically just asking? And has it worked well have you achieved even results all over you body? And in the past when I did use HQ I would get darker if I stopped so what happens when I no longer can get such a high percentage? Would I get darker or?
    Thanks
    ncimfabulous Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Ok so for everyone in the USA who is using our measurement system. I spent all day trying to convert the measurements WHEEWWWW SUCCESS. So here we go:
    20% HQ mixing instructions

Propylene glycol 30 ml=2 tablespoons
    HQ 10 grams=2 teaspooons (roughly)
    Lotion 75ml=5 tablespoons
    Retin A 10 grams=2 teaspoons (roughly)

K I hope this helps, feel free to change or add anything, also I heard that some people are adding about 5g/1 teaspoon of asorbic acid aka vitamin c powder to help perserve it, has anybody done this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire lotion vs cream [ 4 Answers ]

Which one is more effective? The cream or lotion?? Or oil? Thanks

Helpful tips in mixing your own lightening cream/lotion [ 6 Answers ]

Ok guys, I'm starting this thread to give people who are new to mixing their own lightening products a few tips. These tips can also be used in making any other cosmetics. I've made a lot of cosmetics although I have never made a lightening cream/lotion but the principle is the same.:p If anyone...

Is there really a skin cream or lotion to reduce deep wrinkles? [ 3 Answers ]

In the past 3 1/2 yrs, because of major grief, constant saddness and stress, I have aged over 10 yrs in my face. I have never been heavy but because of the grief I've endured, I did loose some weight. The lines around my mouth, especially above my lip have deepened drastically as well as the...

Skin-whitening cream/lotion: How long does it last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yet another skin-whitening topic. I was wondering. How long does it last till it needs to be reapplied again? If used used frequently and for years, what effect does it have in a long term?

View more questions Search