Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Hi nikki
    Thank you I think this glycolic peel and my mono will give me the results that I am looking for.

lighterrr
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 29, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr
    hii everyone

nikki and trey your experience sounds like my life story, i have had the same expereince i am currently on accutaane because i am so fed up of my acne and no my derm would not prescribe the accutane for me she said that my acne was not sevear enough, beleive me i HIGHLY disagreed with her.
    Anyhow i tried HQ for a few months with fantastic results i got a cream that they smuggled into Canada from west africa and they contain anywhere from 10-20% HQ. But i wanted a permanent fix, so now i am using MONO so far so good, i got a high yellow color on my face after 2 weeks of using mono then my face began to repig aggresivly, ohh i could have cried but now i am clearing or should i say lightening up nicely. my chest and neck are high yello and i am waiting for the rest of my body to catch up.

myy motivation for lightening and evening out my skin tone is because i plan on getting married within the next year and my back is filled WITH BLACK MARKS AND SPOTS FROM pimples, scratches, bug bites you name it they leave a mark on my skin. anyhow i want a wedding dress with an open back its been my dream and i can't let my problematic skin get in the way.

But on a brighter side since taking the accutaane i have had about 4-5 pimples in the last3 months of treatment.

so now i am cleaning up the damage my acne left.

lighterrr
    OMG, I am getting on accutane too, like this week. I had to get B.c. b/cuz I guess it has bad birth defects if one gets pregnant. Is accutane like a pill or treatment. I need it because my oily skin is spitting out pimples and I am tired of this . I was wondering could you tell me where that 10-20% hq came from and how I can get it? My aunt wants some and I told her I could probably find some for her. THanks lighterrr!
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Hey red,

Yeah the accutane is great because I have very oily pimple prone skin, and now I am on the accutane I haven't had as much pimples actually 3 in the last couple months only side effect is that my lips are always dry and I am continuosly putting on lip balm..

OK onto the cream you can get it at any african american hair store, or I can try to get some out to you the are faily cheap less than 30.00 because you would have to buy the cream itself and the serum its like an oil, that goes with the cream.. anyhow here are the brand names clear liss or fair and white Google it and see what turns up.

lighterrr
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
    I'm tempted to try the clair liss... HQ is the only thing that worked for me on my hyperpigmentation and that as at 4% its faded but no where near enough I'm wating on my HQ crystals now to top up my obagi and make into a higher percent

I was reading on the Dr thienna site that it doesn't work on normal skin cells only hyperpigmented I have darker inner thighs that I want to get rid of so I hope the HQ will get rid of it

I'm not worried about the re-darkening as those areas are not going to be exposed to the sun

lighterrr have you tried the oil before from clair-liss?

Jul 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
    I am temped to try clair cliss too on my stomach. I have used hq before and its all right. Only the 4% or higher works on my though. I used tri luma and it lightened me up into a light yellow color also but didn't last long because it was in a small tube. I don't think I will go that route because hq darken my skin as soon as I go outside, even with sunscreen and all. So no, Ill stick to my mono. Imight buy some for my auntie she wants some mono but she's already light skinned. SHe seen how my skin is reacting and she like your skin color is pretty.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Yeah its best to stick to HQ on the small areas of the body if you are able to cover that area up I'm in london so its hardly the tropics lol!

Jul 29, 2008, 09:32 PM
    LOL I understand, lighterrr, huh, what do you think? Where I live its so hott it feel like a jungle outside at its coolest in the summer time...
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Hi guys,

Yeah I would suggest sticking with the mono, because the results last longer. Right now I am in west africa on business and believe me its hot all right, I stay out of the sun between the hours of 10-3 and I walk around with two different types of sunscreen a spay on and a lotion.

Last time I went to jamaica about 2 yeears ago, the sun burned me so bad I still had tan lines on my body up until I started to use the mono a few months ago and I am not trying to be funny I am serious, and that's one of the reasons that pushed me into using mono.

HQ I haven't thought about using it on my stomach but I think that s a good idea, but using HQ and mono at the same time, that's scarry.:eek:

Or maybe it should be used in moderation like using HQ 2 times weekly, I don't know it's a hard call to make!

Anyhow guys an update on my face its getting high yellow like me neck and chest, the rest of the body is still dark, ohhh but my elbows have bagan to peel:)

Keep me updated on your progress

lighterrr

Jul 30, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Has anyone used the Extraderm Maxi-Peel Exfoliant its 4% HQ but its so cheap rather than my obagi I'm currently using I'm afraid of using a lot of these products I don't want to put mercury on my skin!

I think I will use that for my inner thighs knees and elbows

I hope RedDiamond and lighterrr after you have finished with your depig I get to see some pics :-)
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Hey nikki

Pics no problem, what exactly is obagi, I have been hearing a lot about it, my sis is using mercury right now, I am tooo afraid to use it myself, but mercury doesn't work well on elbown, knees etc, mono works the best on these areas.

Hey nikki once you decide what your going to use let me know.

lighterrr

Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
    I'm using about to start makari on my face and neck I have pm'ed sent you the link

Obagi is a whole system but basically its used for pigmentation the formula comes in 4% HQ I never experienced any irratation using it so using the maxi-peel will be intresting

But I like the fact that maxi-peel comes in a solution so you can target the areas easier
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Hey nikki

Thanks I used HQ 4% neo strata, but I got better results, when I used another cream that had a higher level of HQ. anyhow now I am on mono and I am brightening up nicely

lighterrr

Jul 31, 2008, 03:58 AM
    You do need a higher percent of HQ if your pigmentation is really bad which is why I can't wait to get my crystals and add it to my 4%

At least this way I know what's in it as well and not the dreaded mercury
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Hey nikki,

So you are using HQ crystals in addition to your hq cream, wow does that work great for you

lighterrr

Jul 31, 2008, 12:09 PM
    I ordered it last week so I'm waiting for it to come when I get it I will add it to my exsiting 4% obagi serum
    I think that will get rid of my pigmentation as HQ is the only things that works on my subborn areas

Jul 31, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Nikki, I can't wait for you to get your results. I know how it feels for one area to be very light and areas like that face , neck, and hands to be way off. Please let us know how it goes.
    longtime7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Hey guys I'm happy people made the decision to STAY AWAY from monobenzone its terrible it does such bad harm!

But Nikki1000 and anyone else where can I get HQ crystals to get a higher percentage of it in my creams Please?

Aug 1, 2008, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond
    nikki, I can't wait for you to get your results. I know how it feels for one area to be very light and areas like that face , neck, and hands to be way off. Please let us know how it goes.
    Thanks girl! I'm loving the makari night cream I don't find it rich at all so I may upgrade to the caviar cream if I see the results I want

Its weird my face and neck are the only other areas besides my inner thighs that are very dark the rest of my body has a yellow/golden colour when I see pictures of megan goode that's the colour I am everywhere else... my face and neck on the other hand is a different story :eek: lol!

Aug 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by longtime7
    Hey guys im happy people made the decision to STAY AWAY from monobenzone its terrible it does such bad harm!

But Nikki1000 and anyone else where can I get HQ crystals to get a higher percentage of it in my creams Please?

I brought mine... its been 2 weeks already and I still haven't received it :confused:
    longtime7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 05:16 AM
    Thanks nikki1000. Oh wow I really hope you receive your product! Keep us posted when you receive it please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search