Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Penguis17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Bleaching?
    I want to dye parts of my hair either blue or purple. Since my hair is virgin, (and dark brown) how should I do this? Is there a good product to use since I'm doing this at home? Please... any suggestions!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
    Penguis, your hair has to be bleached, then dyed to the desired color. Bleaching hair can be very damaging if not done carefully, so I recommend that you avoid trying these hair bleaching techniques on your own. Let a professional do it for you.
    Penguis17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 08:28 PM
    I know that I have to bleach it first. I was asking for any type of hair dye that I could use after I bleach it. I don't want one that bleeds like Manic Panic or some of those other ones.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 20, 2006, 12:19 AM
    Manic Panic is popular, but it does tend to bleed or fade faster. You may want to try L'oreal Super Blue or their purple colors. If your not ready to commit to a color, or if you don't want the color to bleed, use a semi-or demi-permanent color. Semi-permanents are true, non-committal colors, since they wash out of the hair after a number of shampoos. Demi-permanent colors have small amounts of ammonia derivatives to produce longer-lasting results. They have lots of different hair colors at the beauty supply stores, I'm sure you will find what your looking for there. Remember that doing this kind of technique can be difficult, ask a friend to do it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Bleaching Pills [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here! I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried the pills from skinbleach.com If so, did it work and for how long? Thanks Jayda

View more questions Search