Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bloodyhell Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Period during birth control and not bleeding on placibo
    I take my birth control at the same time every day and hardly miss a dosage but for two months now I have had breakthrough bleeding half way through my second week of birth control and no bleeding during the week I am on the placibo. If I have sex while taking the placibo and I'm not on my period do I risk getting pregnant?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 02:35 PM

Any time you have sex, whether using birth control, on your period, not on your period, there is always some chance of pregnancy. Taking your birth control properly will reduce that chance, but there will always be some risk. I imagine it must be frustrating though for your period to come at different times instead of on the inactive week like its usually expected. It might be time to talk to your dr about switching pills

May 16, 2010, 11:28 PM

OK is there that actually knows the answer to my question?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 10:56 AM

Did you read my answer? I hope you're not another teen that thinks there's some magical time you can't possibly get pregnant...
    YES, YOU MAY GET PREGNANT. Now do you get it?

May 18, 2010, 07:13 AM

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME I am not a teen, you seriously do not understand my question, let me effing rephrase that question... do my chances of pregnancy INCREASE while taking the placibo if I'm not bleeding but bleeding on a regular schedule every month? Just curious do not put one more post up here I'm looking for an answer not an argument. I came here to ask for help because I do not have health insurance therefore I do not have a doctor to ask I take the free birthcontrol call ortho tri cyclene (full dosage not the low dosage) that is available at planned parenthood.

So for anyone else that reads this post please understand I would like to know if my cances of getting pregnant are INCREASED by the patternt of my period?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Okay, here goes. First, park your attitude at the door. I'm a nurse in women's health I think I can help you if you chill out.

Anytime you have sex, with contraception or not, you risk pregnancy. There is no form of contraception that is 100% effective.

Now, with that said, yes, your chances of conceiving are still higher while on the placebo because your body is note being "fed" the hormones that are in the regular monthly pills.

It sounds as though this pill is not the right one for you, or your body has changed. You should not be having breakthrough bleeding like this. You need to visit your doctor to possibly have your prescription adjusted.

May 18, 2010, 07:44 AM

Thank you for your response because I felt like that bunny
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyhell View Post
    thank you for your response because i felt like that bunny
    We are all volunteers here at this site. Very few are actually health professionals.

You had people trying to help you as best they could and you threw attitude. You won't be a member here long if you keep that up. Just sayin'

May 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    did you read my answer? i hope you're not another teen that thinks there's some magical time you can't possibly get pregnant...
    YES, YOU MAY GET PREGNANT. now do you get it?

I don't believe I was looking for someone to say this to me and I found it snippy and irritating so I responded with the same amount. I'm not stupid and I never said I couldn't get pregnant someone mis read my question I simply asked if there was someone that could answer that actually understood what I was saying. Don't lecture me I can use any tone I choose and I haven't cursed or insulted anyone. So "check your attitude at the door" yourselves if you don't want any in return. Freedom of speech. And if you don't want attitude don't reply to my posts with attitude. Period.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 18, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Enough is enough already.
    There is NO need to be rude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding during Birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have been on a contraceptive pill (Jasmin) for the past three years and have never had any problems. However this month I started a new monthly pack and I am on my 6th pill for the month but yesterday I saw some bleeding, as if I was during my menstruation. This only lasted for a few hours. What...

Birth control and bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

I have been on the pill for about 2 years now and this month I have been late on them for a while and I have missed quite a few pills in a row. Now, Im cramping and bleeding, but I am not supposed to start my period for 9 more days. Does this mean I have implantation bleeding?

Bleeding on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birth control for three months now. I've been bleeding for the last 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding. What should I do and what's wrong with me?

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

View more questions Search