Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arkira23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Controversial Historical Topic
    I need do a historical investigation and I'm looking for a topic that is controversial. I know all history is controvesial but I don't have much time to leisurely go about picking a topic. I need a good topic that has enough information available so I can write 1500-2000 words on it. Please help.

P.S.: Someone asked me to do my investigation on whether Ares and Aphrodite were lovers or not as they had read a couple of papers by someone who claimed to have proof that Ares and Aphrodite did not in fact have an affair and did not sleep together. I do not have access to those papers and I cannot find any such proof to support that claim. If anyone has any information on this please get back to me as soon as possible.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Why don't you first think of a time which interests you, or a country that you want to know more about? When you think about interesting parts of history, what comes to mind? Ancient Rome? The Middle Ages? The founding fathers of America? WWI, WWII? Or, as far as countries go; Africa, the Middle East, Asia, etc all have tons of controversial history. Think of the place in the world you would most like to travel, and pick a historical event from that country/region. You could even look at religious history, such as the Crusades, various cult actions, even the Catholic Church scandal from a few years back, if you are allowed to use modern history.

Good luck.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Find something on WWII. There is a wealth of information out there, should not be too difficult to find someone who was controversial. Even Winston Churchill had his enemies.

Jun 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arkira23
    I need do a historical investigation and I'm looking for a topic that is controversial. I know all history is controvesial but I don't have much time to leisurely go about picking a topic. I need a good topic that has enough information available so I can write 1500-2000 words on it. Please help.

P.S.: Someone asked me to do my investigation on whether Ares and Aphrodite were lovers or not as they had read a couple of papers by someone who claimed to have proof that Ares and Aphrodite did not infact have an affair and did not sleep together. I do not have access to those papers and I cannot find any such proof to support that claim. If anyone has any information on this please get back to me as soon as possible.
    Well I'm kind of interested in ancient Greek History. Can some one suggest some controversial topic about the greek gods or something on the lines of that? And I am not allowed to use modern history. SOmething before the 1980s
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Be careful not to confuse Greek history with Greek mythology. Your topic would have to be about controversy among the ancient Greeks about a myth. Writing about a controversy between two characters in a myth doesn't qualify as a history topic.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Greek History? Look at Alexander The Great. He was a well accomplished leader but not without his critics and controversies.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 11:33 AM
    How about you do, was jesus an alien? Now if that's not controversial enough your teacher has problems.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
    The hollocaust or WWII are both pretty controversial and interesting.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
    How far back in history to you have to go? Prohibition was a controversial issue and lots of resources - even living ones still available.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Wikipedia has a list of controversial issues. Including a history section.

Jun 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Ok
    I have decided to write my paper on Hitler's death instead
    Can someone provide me some good links on this topic.
    I want to write an argumentative paper on whether hitler committed suicide or whether the body found was a fake hitler and the real one went into hiding and lived.
    h1e2n3r4y5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
    Patato
    h1e2n3r4y5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Sorry, I mean Potato & Lettuce

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Historical romance [ 3 Answers ]

This book is about a very beautiful woman who was been pressurized by her father to get married, she arranged to marry a man who was in prison and was on death row or something and arranged for him to marry her so that she could show her father the marriage certificate and give him reasons like he...

Biographical and historical novel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not talking about biography here. What are the rules for biographical and historical novels? Using real people's names (with permission) along side of fictitious names.

Controversial History [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I received an assessment where I was in depth required to investigate and write a report on a controversial historical topic. I was thinking about doing something related to the fall of ancient Mesapetamia however I was not sure whether there would be sufficient information. If you know of...

View more questions Search