Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jul 13, 2007, 06:42 AM
    WEll I think if we lived near each other we could have endless cups of coffee while we help each other clean and cook. NO more cleaning in isolation!! I have to laugh at you Ms Cool chick, yest Mango is definitely a good egg, and we would we be the coolest ever to hit Oregon! You need to get me that bumper sticker and I will proudly stick it on my car! Did I tell you I love you today?? I love you, and I hope everyone has a Happy Friday the 13th! That is supposed to be a freaky day right? WEll I think we will have a happy freaky day today, I hope. Man I really missed you people. I am glad to be home..
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
    [QUOTE=shatteredsoul]WEll I think if we lived near each other we could have endless cups of coffee while we help each other clean and cook. NO more cleaning in isolation!! I have to laugh at you Ms Cool chick, yest Mango is definitely a good egg, and we would we be the coolest ever to hit Oregon! You need to get me that bumper sticker and I will proudly stick it on my car! Did I tell you I love you today?? I love you, and I hope everyone has a Happy Friday the 13th! That is supposed to be a freaky day right? WEll I think we will have a happy freaky day today, I hope. Man I really missed you people. I am glad to be home.

[I feel so loved(warm and fuzzy goin' on here) it's so cool to know both of you!~
    "The Truth Shall Set You Free"~ I love coffee! And I would love the bumper sticker too~Mango:) ]
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Jul 19, 2007, 09:16 PM
    What an amazing story Shatteredsoul, In your place I would have gotten psychosis or something. I could've never stood your situation and would've fled as soon as that had started. Congratulations on you moving, for you and your kids. I just hope the other girl won't end up like her mom. It would be very sad. I'm worried about her.
    Anyway, by the way, where in Oregon do you guys live or are moving to, if I may know? Because I have an aunt who lives around there and I live in Washington.

Jul 20, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Thanks for your interest in the dramatic life of me. LOL I hope that the girl won't end up like her mom either. Although, her mom is really mean to her and she is a pretty sweet kid. I think she is angry underneath it all, I am not sure how that will all play out in adolescence. Especially because she is quite the follower. That worries me too. The bad thing is the market is so slow right now so I don't know when we will sell our house. A year and a half ago we could have sold it in less than a week. Oh well. I don't know where Start is in Oregon. I am in South Florida right now and we are weighing our options on where to move. Ya know, for awhile I really did freak out because there is more than one crazy neighbor but I realized, why let them get the best of me? I never did anything to deserve their wickedness and the way they treat me says a lot more about them, than it does about me. If people don't like me , that is fine. There is no reason to be so abusive. Either to me or my child. I did finally confront one neighbor about her making up lies, she started screaming and cursing at me. I just looked at her like she was absolutely nuts. I said look at you, you look like a fool. YOu know you are a liar and you are completely pathetic. I won't waste my energy dealing with you or another breath talking to you. I can't say sometimes I don't want to scream my head off but I don't. I pull out of the driveway and look straight ahead. After what they think really means nothing, unless I make it mean something. About ten years ago I would have been in a knock down, drag out fight. I guess being in your 30's does that to you. Ha Ha. Anyway, I am always looking forward to having stimulating conversation with people like you, hope to hear from you again. Start and Mango, my friends. I am happy to have you both. Mango, glad we can make you feel all warm and fuzzy, you are just that kind of a gal!! Thank God today is Friday.

Jul 20, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Obviously those people are not really human(figuratively speaking), so why should a real human being like you ever have to put up with such nonsense. There is stuff going on similar to that in my own family, but not as bad as your situation sounds. People who make themselves an enemy for senseless reasons. Personally, I do not and am not anyone's enemy and I do not ever wish to have any. But those people do not deserve to have anything in this life until they learn from their errors and try to change for the better. That's just my opinion.
    Meanwhile, I really hope that soon, Shatteredsoul, you can sell your house and move on with your life. And just remember to always keep your head on high, don't let those individuals make your faith, hope, integrity, and confidence ever waiver. Teach them a lesson with that, do not let yourself be put down, ever.

Just want to request that you keep us updated in your situation. At least for me it was interesting to hear about it.

Jul 24, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Thanks for your interest and concern. My neighbors have been busy worrying about a peeping Tom in the neighborhood so they aren't paying any attention to me right now. They have hidden cameras out to try and catch the pervert. THAT is a good thing! However, since you were wondering,I have my fair share of nasty people I am dealing with outside of my neighborhood. So, I guess it is just that time of month or something! When it rains it pours and man is it pouring on my head. Sorry. The last couple days have really sucked and I am not really very personable right now. I feel like I try to be fair and decent to people and I get stepped on. I am not a submissive person either, so when people are rude or take advantage of me I get really pissed off. I try to keep my anger controlled because it isn't healthy to be that way. I do have that tendency when someone pushes, I push back harder. NOt really the way to stay centered and balanced. I get tired of people who try to intimidate me or that use me. I would help anyone who needed it if I thought I could help and not for any monetary return. I would do it because it's the right thing. I noticed that doesn't always happen the other way around. I apologize for ranting and raving. I am in a terrible mood and I am tired of sh!tty people. You are a Godsend and I appreciate your genuine interest in me.

Jul 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Don't worry, everyone gets in a bad mood when things like those happen. I'm truly sorry your days haven't been the best, I personally didn't have a good day either, but I will not let that get to me. I hear what you're saying about getting stepped on. In fact, that has been a life long issue for me. Sometimes no matter how kind I am to people and how much I tolerate certain things, I still end up with that feeling. And it's not just a feeling, they actually do for some reason step on me. Yeah it does hurt me and irritate me a lot, so I do know how you feel. But just remember evertime that happens to you, you probably are worth more than those people. They're not really getting anything out of it, doing so is not at all making them better than you. So it's not worth it to fight back to what they do, don't be like them in any way. Keep head up high, like it should be.

Jul 25, 2007, 07:04 AM
    You are so right and I am going to take your advice on that one. Experience is the best teacher and it sounds like you have learned your lessons well. It is unfortunate that you too have experiened similar situations. I guess we just have to become more resilient in the process. Sometimes it feels like life is a series of tests. Some of them I fail and some I pass with flying colors. I will try to pass this one by keeping my head high and recognizing that some people enjoy hurting others. This isn't to be taken personally and I cannot worry about how other people choose to treat me. I can only choose how I respond. Continue passing on your wisdom. I do truly enjoy it!! Peace to you today, my friend...

Jul 25, 2007, 08:12 PM
    I'm glad you are trying to make yourself better. Hope your issues will resolve soon and in a positive manner. Meanwhile, not pressuring you, keep us updated when something new comes up. Even if you want to just talk about how your day went or something. Have a very good day.

Jul 26, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Ok I had to tell you since I know you would find it interesting/funny. Last night I am outside with my friends who are visiting from out of town and my neighbor across the street is outside watching us. We decide to go to dinner at this place close by. As we leave, my neighbor leaves. Whatever, I wasn't really paying attention. Well, when we show up at the restaurant I see my neighbor's car. I see the kids looking and they say, look who is here mom. I just nod my head and say OK guys, no staring just keep walking. I get inside and two minutes later she is inside too. Oh well. We stay to ourselves in our corner of the place. As we leave to go to our car, I see her go to her car. When I pull out, she is pulling out too. When I get home, she is standing outside watching us. It is just so funny because I don't even look her way. I just keep to myself and act like she isn't there. My friend was like, that was so weird. What is wrong with her, is she a stalker or something? Is she jealous of you or obsessed with you or what? I was like, no she is just crazy. There is nothing to be jealous of. I think she does it to creep me out. Yeah, just another day on Wysteria Lane... LOL LOL LOL. I have to laugh. What else can I do??
    OH, by the way, how are you? Happy Thursday to you. And thanks for your all your input!!

Jul 26, 2007, 06:50 PM
    I have to say... GEEZ!! :eek: :mad: What the heck is that person thinking!?
    I've met just once or twice someone who stalks a little, but to that degree?. I think she needs either some legal intervention or psychological intervention. Seriously, if that is a normal day for you, congratulations on not going crazy. I would have already. Hate it when people violate privacy. But good for you that you don't pay attention to that, keep it up, but there is no reason for someone to stalk anyone like that, it's your own private life... it seems like that person is trying to live your life or watch you like if you were a soap opera or movie. Just is not at all normal.
    The only time I've been stalked so obviously was like two years ago. I went to the library, and went upstairs. Seemed like no one was there so I thought, I'll have peace and quiet and privacy here. But the next thing I noticed was someone standing next to me, "casually" looking for a book. So at that time I didn't think much of it... cause it looked perfectly normal. Then I moved to another aisle to look at other books. A few seconds later, he came to the aisle I was at and stood almost next to me. So I one more time moved to a different aisle, and there he went just a few seconds later, but this time, he was acting like he was searching books at the bottom, like I was, and through the corner of my eye I saw he bent down, his butt facing me, but I didn't turn to look. I did catch a glimpse of something that looked pinkish. I just hope it wasn't his bare butt or something.:p Then I just left.
    Then, exactly one week later, I returned to the library to resume my interrupted session of book searching. But as I went up the stairs, I could see someone on top looking down at me, but I didn't think it was the same guy. Guess... it was. But I went on as if normal, so he proceeded to go to where I was at. I spent about 3 minutes there, and so did he... then I moved, seconds later there he was... moved again and there he went.
    But then, I moved and sat on a stool to read a book, so then he sat down also on the floor right next to the aisle, pretending to read a book too. Suddenly I got up, and moved, funny I hadn't noticed what section I went to. Then the guy actually proceeded to ask me... " Do you know where the dictionary section is?" I said... " I don't know." but seconds after, I looked at the shelf and first thing I saw were dictionaries. LOL! :D
    He left and came back pretending he had just found the dictionary section. Right there he talked to me. Asked me if I liked dogs or had any cause he'd seen me reading training books. Then he said a few more things to me, and I responded, but just that. Later I just got up and left to the check out, checked some books out and headed outside.
    I got stopped by lights, and glanced to my side, there he was. And he asked me...
    " Hey weren't you just inside?" Lights turned green and I kept on walking, with him right by my side. Then he asked my age and other things I don't recall... he said I was pretty and who knows what else. Kept following like blocks until I saw the bus station was near so I headed to the buses. There he went. I got on a random bus, and thought he had gone somewhere else. From inside the bus later, I saw he also was going to take a bus, the good thing was he didn't take the one I was on.
    Conclusion, I didn't return to the library for the rest of summer vacation. When I got home, I looked at the webpage which shows registered sexual predators, didn't find him there, but would've gotten grossed out if I had. Haven't seen him anymore since then, and I'm glad. Oh and so sorry if I wrote too much. I know I should've told the people at the library that he was stalking me, but I didn't want to create a problem, they probably found out later.
    Oh and so sorry if I wrote too much. I hope it doesn't bother you.:o
    Have a wonderful weekend and keep it up ignoring such behavior of those people. But I don't think they should in any way be interfering with your privacy. Tell someone or something. It's just wrong.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Pay it no attention:)

Jul 30, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Wow, That is a creepy story!! I don't think that I would have handled that as well as you. Don't apologize, this is about being nice to nasty people. YOU handled it nicely and that guy seemed NASTY!! Why are some people so creepy? YOu are right, I think she is trying to watch my life like it is a movie or something. OK well it ain't that exciting! I mean, I was friends with her in the past so she should know that. Like you said, I have to keep my head up and keep moving!
    OR like CanadaSweety said, PAY IT NO MIND!!
    I went out for my birthday this weekend and when my friends showed up and the hummer limo arrived that my husband rented, you should have seen her face PLASTERED ON her front window. Just staring away! I was like, yeah you aren't coming so look all you want! I didn't really say that, but I was thinking it. Actually last year she came out for my birthday. One of my friends warned me that she is a little off. Boy, was she right!!

Keep sharing and never apologize. I enjoy hearing from you. Happy Monday to all!
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 2, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Bad neighbors do stink. And although it's not their kids fault it's not yours either. They don't take about leaving your child out, so why do them any favors. I'm sure their kid has more friends so let those people take the hassle. Although you need to be somewhat personable to these morons it is okay to let them know when they are being rude. Instead of being rude and making comments that will fire them up it's best to say something that will make them feel embarrassed with what they say. Make them realize it was wrong. Next time they say something stupid ask them why they said that. Next time she curses at you ask her what her problem is and why she is doing that with her kids around. Good luck
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 3, 2007, 09:19 PM
    I tend to ignore people that say and do negative things to me, when they curse I bless , or just plainly ignore then, sooner or later they get bored of not getting any negative responses from me and would just simply leave me alone, believe me to ignore such people or even pretend they don't exist works like a bomb ;)

Aug 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Hello. Here I am again. Man I missed writing on this board, I was gone for a whole month. I went to Oregon with my aunt and her husband over in Albany, and I was aching to come back home. They live in a ranch where they grow all sorts of veggies and stuff. Corn, green beans, cauliflour, broccoli, mint, and many other things. Their backyard is basically a corn field. The views are beautiful, but honestly after a while you have to miss the city.
    It all happened so fast, they came one Sunday, and had to leave that same day, they offered to take me with them, so I said yes. And I didn't have time to do anything.
    There's no computer over there so I also missed the internet a lot.
    Well one thing I learned from my journey is patience, and I continued learning how to drive... still not doing too good but there's been quite a few progress.
    Now what I'd like to know is how are you guys all doing?? What has happened in this whole month??
    Shatteredsoul, are you still around here? Or did I already miss you??

Aug 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Hey so glad you are back! Yes I am still here! So, glad you are learning the value of patience, it sure is something difficult and I am still learning it myself. I am doing OK, and things are fine. The summer ended so fast and now, its back to the grind. My daughter started middle school and that was a little bumpy but I think she will be fine. I had a falling out with my best friend and I started a thread about it. It basically is a done deal. We went to Islands of Adventure and Universal with her and her children. IT went well but then after she went home everything kind of fell apart. I asked her why she said some stuff about me and I probably should have left well enough alone. It turned ugly and she got very defensive. I am guessing I won't hear from her.
    As for my neighbors, I have been following all of the advice to ignore them and do my own thing. I don't say anything because she is like a ticking time bomb. WEll, hopefully you are doing well. I can't wait to chat!

Aug 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Well you know what, I'm so glad things have gone OK for you. You are so right summer kind of flew by. And starting Middle School is a bit of a challenge, lots of new things going on, kind of confusing for the start. But I think later she will enjoy it, well at least I did back then. You just got to be there for her, don't leave her alone and if she has older brothers or sisters, they could help in guiding her and giving her security.
    As you well know, Home is our sanctuary, at least it's supposed to be. Lot's of times it isn't a safe place for many people and it's sad. I'm also sorry about your friend, what got her to turn on you?
    What happened with your plan about moving? Are you still working on it, or did you change your mind? But anyway you're doing good ignoring those pesky neighbors of yours, I hope you keep it up.
    One thing I hadn't mentioned from my trip was the weird feeling I came home with, and another reason I was so anxious to come back.
    As I mentioned, I went to Oregon with my Aunt and her husband. Well first things seemed all right and everything, but the last week and a half, her husband started getting kind or "gooey" with me. He used to go with me to practice driving every evening, but one day he took my hand off the steering wheel, and held it but he said I should practice driving with one hand. So I didn't think much of it then, he grabbed it several times though but I paid it no attention. Then the next days he started grabbing my hair, touching the side of my chest or the back of my head. He had never displayed any signs of affection towards me the times I had gone before, in fact I thought he didn't care at all about me. And I also didn't have any affection towards him even though he's my aunt's husband.
    So I guess I should say it made me feel weird, and I should also mention he had been telling me why he married my aunt and that they had problems and stuff. Two days before we came back, he still did those touchy, grabby, things and then he said he was going to miss me, that he could already feel it and then he said liked me a lot, but that the problem was the situation. So needless to say that creeped me out. I didn't tell him anything, but at that point I just wanted more badly to come back home. For the last two days over there, I tried avoiding going for a drive with him. Just tried avoiding him, period.
    I don't have it clear if he meant it in that way, or not, but I'd rather not know. And I don't really want to go back there, at least not soon.
    Well I hope I didn't bore you out or something. Just felt the need to share that.
    May your day go well and I'm glad you're still here Shatteredsoul.

Aug 27, 2007, 12:14 PM
    OMG that is really dreadful! What an awful and uncomfortable situation to be in! I had an uncle like that, but I wasn't alone with him more than once, for that reason, EWWWW!@Q!
    I am so sorry to hear about that. YOu did the right thing by keeping your distance and you are so right on about that being weird and giving you the creeps. IT is a good thing he didn't try to do anything else, I am sure that was coming. My stomach turned just reading about it and YOU MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT BORE ME! I am really glad you shared that you must have been sick on the way home, and yes I can see why you wouldn't want to EVER EVER go back. YOUR poor aunt, I don't know how you will explain it to her but geez!
    I want to talk more about this I am getting ready to pick up my daughter but I will be back on, so keep sharing. Thank you for you kind thoughts. I do appreciate your interest.
    GLAd your back! Hugs to you

Aug 27, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Yeah well, he was right though, they do have problems. As the last night we were there they argued a lot. And I'm so not trying to defend him at all, but he doesn't seem like those people who would actually go forward and do something else. You know what I mean. He kind of seemed rather nice about the way he did what he did. But it definitely was creepy, especially having in mind the way he used to treat me before, which was not too good.
    And you know what, I think they don't love each other though, perhaps they never did, at least my aunt really seems like she doesn't care that much for him or at least as her husband, so if she ever hears about this I'm really hoping it won't affect her way too much. I didn't tell her anything because she has a surgery coming, and because if I said anything, not really knowing for sure if his intentions were bad, then guess how I would come out to look. But anyway if I see him again, given that he comes over here to see his family once in a while, and I notice anything further than what happened, then I'll have to tell her.
    And you know what, now that I mentioned his family, I've got to say that his family is kind of like your neighbors, they've made my family's life difficult. Made stuff up, and many things similar to what you go through. The only thing that keeps their family from going further with their meddling, is that my aunt has been a life-long friend to them. And that is exactly the same reason why they feel they can meddle.
    But to top it off though they have an acquaintance with the other family which basically wants our head. Just to picture it how we feel it. They're all full of gossip and don't look to see who they're doing wrong.
    So you're not alone, we've gone through these things for years now. Overall though a lesson is to not have any resentment, but how can we not have any if they even beat up my mom when I was a kid. That's just enough to boil anyone's blood. Just imagine. No better that you don't. It's not a pretty feeling in any way.
    Well thanks also for your interest and I have to go somewhere right now but I too will be back later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nasty divorce to come [ 1 Answers ]

My wife claims she's going to tell the IRS that I make more money than I really do , she also says shell take my house,boat, and all the tools she can, and no I haven't cheated on her. I think she is just crazy, but can she do all that

Guyz are so NASTY! [ 15 Answers ]

While I was walking to class I droped my books, so I went to go pick them up, some boy comes an checks out my butt. That was really disrepectful. The next day I went to hug my guy friend and he stay hugging me(it was like he was resting on my boobs). I got so mad so I pushed him off me and walked...

Some nice little ways to annoy people [ 21 Answers ]

1. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go." 2. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others. 3. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub." 4. Name your dog "Dog." 5....

Nasty headache with other issues [ 9 Answers ]

Anyway, I get severe migrains almost every month it seems... Ill be out for a few days, where I can't do anything. Anyway, after the migrain attack Im usually fine and can get back to normal business... but after my recent migrain attack I have had a severe lingering headache that's almost a...

Nasty debt collector [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a large CIBC Visa bill, in which they have cancelled me collections and I sent CIBC 6 post dated cheques for $250.00@ for the 15th of each month. I am unemployeed and have other debts as well. I received Unemployment insurance and when I explained this to the collection agency they advised...

View more questions Search