Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontpannik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Credit Against Payable Not Affecting P&L
    Invoice received in 2006. No entry that payment made in 2006. 2006 Closed. In 2007, wish to remove payable from the books. Can an entry be made that removes the payable, affecting balance sheet only, and not P&L?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2007, 09:35 AM
    In 2007 when you pay the bill, the JE would be:
    Dr. AP
    Cr. Cash

Both affect only the balance sheet, neither account touches the P&L Statement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accrued interest payable for a note payable [ 2 Answers ]

Allen Corp.'s liability account balances at June 30, 2007 included a 10% note payable in the amount of $2,400,000. The note is dated October 1, 2005 and is payable in three equal annual payments of $800,000 plus interest. The first interest and principal payment was made on October 1, 2006. In...

GFI not working and affecting many other outlets [ 1 Answers ]

My home has a small portion of the basement that was finished prior to our purchase. I am led to believe that the wiring probably wasn't done by a professional. Upon inspection prior to purchase all was good, however, over the last several years I have had trouble with different unrelated outlets...

Heater affecting the internet [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I just recently moved into a new home this summer and I got our internet up and running and everything was working beautifully. However since it started getting colder I noticed that I was getting booted from the internet sparatically. I figured out the pattern was that every time our...

My split is really affecting me... [ 88 Answers ]

I just got separated after a short marriage. I was handling the situation really good throughout the entire separation and was doing OK until a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I can't eat, my stomach is in knots all day, I feel like I want my spouse back (even though for the past several months I...

Renewal of Judgment affecting credit? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a debt go bad against me in 1993. In 1995, the finance company got a judgment against me. I decided to wait it out in hopes that it wouldnt' be renewed as it was a very large sum. Unfortuntely, it was renewed against me last month and it was done 2 months before it was required to be...

View more questions Search