Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnomnomno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Home-based Business Opportunity
    What is the difference between Coastal Vacations and Coastal Synergy Group. I am about to start Coastal as a home-based business. There is a slight difference I believe. Do you know what it is?

Thanks,
    mnomnomno
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Please do a search of Coastal or Coastal Vacations or Coastal Synergy in the box at the top,

Those groups have been talked to death on here,
    Is you are going into business selling vacations, ( not planning on just using it) who are you planning on selling your vactions to? How do you plan on marketing it ?

How much is your investment ?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Basically they are the same, as said, read the other threads about this group. There is a lot of fraud going on in this company and it's only starting to be revealed. Be very careful, especially if they want you to pay a "start up fee"

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...hlight=coastal
    matiasmommy Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Actually- NOT the SAME at all! But a very valid question. For a very good summary, visit any "winningwithcoastal.com" website and look at the link at the bottom of the homepage that reads "who is the CSG?". Alternatively, ask the director you work with to send you that email. Its in our back office!

In short, The Coastal Synergy Group is a group of entrepreneurs within the Coastal Vacations business opportunity that provide training, support and technology to their members. There are many groups within Coastal- and YES- some of them (or more correctly- some independent directors) are not what I would consider to be ethical.

However, to be a member of the CSG, one must adhere to the ethical business and anti-spam policy and guidelines. I don't know about you, but that means something to ME!

Again, my advice- whoever you are thinking of working with as a director- Google their name with the word "scam" next to it. Anyone of dis-repute will show up fairly quickly!

I find it VERY frustrating that good, honest and ETHICAL business owners working at legitimate businesses get looped into the same lot. I'm doing whatever I can to change that- but the same is true of ANY industry. Lawyers, anyone?

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    jnapier Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Coastal Vacations is a 13 year old membership of people focused on travel and wellbeing.

The Coastal Synergy Group is a group of people who WERE with Coastal Vacations but have gone in their own direction.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
    So do they both do the same thing under different names?
    advanzio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Yes, they are both basically the same. To each his or her own, but there are many companies and people out there showing their customers and members how to get all of their "products" at little to no cost. Make sure you have a REAL product and all the motivation in the world for there to be a marketing team behind you providing you with absolutely everything possible.
    msnmacky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnomnomno
    What is the difference between Coastal Vacations and Coastal Synergy Group. I am about to start Coastal as a home-based business. Their is a slight difference I believe. Do you know what it is?

Thanks,
    mnomnomno
    Actually there is a big difference between Coastal Vacations and Coastal Synergy Group. Coastal Synergy Group has amazing training and has their members featured in the HBC (Home Business Connection) Magazine just about every month. The product is the same but the support you will get from the Coastal Synergy Group will far surpass Coastal Vacations.
    jnapier Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Here are the differences from a top income earner who knows ALL about Coastal.

The Coastal Synergy Group is a group of people who sell Coastal Members - along with A lot of other stuff. They sell a system to un-knowing people who don't understand that Coastal Synergy Group is NOT Coastal Vacations.

The Coastal Synergy Group pays for advertorials in Home Business Connection magazine... so, they can choose to feature their members. I know many of the people who have been features. I am one of the people who has been featured and one of only a few using their system who made 10+ sales in a month.

I've quite the Coastal Synergy Group as they are more focused on selling stuff to their members than they are helping their membership sell Coastal Vacations Memberships. They've also begun selling another program U First Financial a mortgage reduction program. Many top incomer earners with CSG are leaving or are working their exit strategy.

If your looking for information about Coastal Vacations you'll want to refer to the official coastal system. Official coastal training dot com

Best of luck to those considering Coastal

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Doesn't the fact that there is this sort of split mess up the pyramid? JK

That explains what I've read, that CSG is more focused on recruiting new people than on actually helping their agents sell vacation packages.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
    As far as I understand it, when you order a package and get your unique I.D. and return the application, you are a member of Coastal. You can achieve this through CSG or through Coastal Vacations.

Then, if you join the CSG Mac system, you become a member of Coastal Synergy Group, which entitles you to their training modules, global theatres, and the like.

Do I think the Mac is overpriced? Absolutely.

But people are willing to pay it, so they can charge whatever they want for it. I think a Lexus is overpriced, too, but if people are willing to pay more for luxury packages in a Toyota, then so be it.

But whether you work for Coastal or CSG, you are NOT in the business of selling travel packages. That is what a travel agent does. The selling of travel packages is ancillary to the core purpose of BOTH companies, and why they were developed.

Granted, I wasn't there for the founding of either company. But I have just spent the past 6 months doing research on everything I could get my hands on for Coastal and CSG.

Bottom line, CSG was started by people in Coastal Vacations who were successful, and they decided to put their strategies into a training protocol and delivery system, and then make it available for people to follow. You just pay a fee to have access to these systems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Home based business [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering about a website I found that said I could sign people up for credit cards and make a little extra money from home . It had a start up kit for about $30. Is this legitimate, and does anyone know about a similar website? I can't remember the one I found. Thanks

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search