Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodbyetowireless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I want to make my computer unable to receve or send wirless info
    I have a built in wireless and I want to make my laptop so that it is steailth in other words I don't want a singal signal comeing from this laptop or going to it I want it dead no radio sigunals or other wise how do I accoplish this I plan on going out to the woods to live and I don't need a helacopter picking up my computer call me freeked out if you will but that's what I want
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Really simple, disable and uninstall your wireless card.
    Even better woul be to open it up and physically remove it!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Sorry, helecopter picking up your wireless interent?

They could find your heat signiture much easier, even pick up the metal you are going to carry with you, or even the electronic signals your radio, computer can be picked up if you just turn them on.

But honestly, they can find your body heat from airplanes flying over, if the Government wanted to, they can read your license plate number from space.

So honestly, your wireless internet is about the least of your trouble,
    Dave987 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goodbyetowireless
    i have a built in wireless and i want to make my laptop so that it is steailth in other words i dont want a singal signal comeing from this laptop or going to it i want it dead no radio sigunals or other wise how do i accoplish this i plan on going out to the woods to live and i dont need a helacopter picking up my computer call me freeked out if you will but thats what i want
    Easy-take no laptop. If your going live in the woods do it properly. If removing the wireless is too much of a hassel I think throwing your laptop away would be much easier.

Anyway.. woods? Why would anyone put a wirelss router their!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
    For your PC to broadcast anything but a request for connection, it would have to make a connection. If there is no wireless access point within range then no connection. You can stop it from trying to find a connection by goining into the Lan Connections and deleting anythign you find there or just the wireless.

Do you need instructions on making tinfoil hats to protect soemone picking up your brain waves?
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Jul 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Simply disable the wireless card in device manager as well as bluetooth if you have a bluetooth enabled laptop. (Right Click and disable) If you uninstall it, it will only reinstall after the next reboot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer unable to load [ 6 Answers ]

I have problem wth my PC at home.my computer unable to start when it turn to on,it switch off automaticaly ,but some time it works and boot successful ,is that problem cause by bios or mother.I already test all my hardwhere all looks o.k.it seems like no display at all and suddenly turn off it self...

Computer unable to detect cd-rom drive [ 5 Answers ]

I'm donating my old computer with Windows '98 to charity. In order to clear the hard drive of all data,I purchased software called "Data Eliminator", which is on a cd. I have been unable to get this software to engage. After I load the cd drive with the disk, the light comes on in the drive,then...

Computer won't send picture to moniter [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I just bought this computer of eBay.. I know wrong choice I guess.. Anyway I tried hooking it up the computer turned on but no picture to the moniter.. Maybe video card, put another one in but nothing, tried taking out ram and putting back in but nothing. Then I found out that the...

Unable to start up the computer [ 2 Answers ]

Dear All, I have a problem with my computer. When ever I try to start the comuter the CPU make some sound and this will keep on going and the computer will not stat up. Why? I changed the boot preference to Hard disc thinking that my floppy drive is damaged. How can I solve it Thanks Lijo

Unable to make our own choices, [ 2 Answers ]

My dear fellow friends,I say that it is time for us to unite under one god,our way of life is at risk our freedoms are being taken away from us while our nation's people look on without response,our people deserve the loss of freedoms and to be enslaved to those that have risen to the top with...

View more questions Search