Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nectar76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Lost Hot Water Pressure but Cold Water is fine
    Hi,
    We had a flood in our laundry room earlier today when the aquarium I was siphoning into the nearby sink started to siphon onto the floor instead (the hose came out of the sink and was draining water onto the floor). I didn't realize this, and suspected a leaky pipe when I saw the water dripping from the ceiling in the basement so I immediately shut off every valve I could think of.
    When we discovered what the cause of the leak was I turned every valve back on. We have the same pressure from the cold water tap in every faucet in the house. But, we have lost pressure to the hot water taps in every faucet. I'm guessing we have an air bubble in the pipe or something?
    What do I do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Do you have heat trap nipples coming out of your water heater?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Lost More Hot Water Pressure/flow ? [ 3 Answers ]

I did as it was explained to flush/drain my hot water heater in the attic and guess what it plugged off MORE, so now I have not much more than a thick pencil stream at my bathroom faucets (ALL) I really didn't see a whole lot sediment in the drain water but I throttled the outlet and inlet water...

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

Hot & Cold Water Pressure An Issue [ 3 Answers ]

We recently bought a house. Our water pressure is terrible and the hot water is even worse. :( (Basically dribbles out.) Are the two problems correctable by adjusting the "cut-in, cut-out" pressure? The well is about 50 feet from the house. Pressure tank inside the house in the basement which is...

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot works great! [ 3 Answers ]

Usually I know it's the other way around but in our house we have really low water pressure.. but only with the cold. The most noticeable effect is when we try to use the kitchen sprayer with the cold water and it just dribbles out. When we use it with the hot, it works fine. What could be wrong...

View more questions Search