Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ne14golfarn1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 02:00 PM
    Toilet drain
    We are building a new home and the drain plumbing for a toilet upstairs has a 90 degree elbow directly out of the clamp for the toilet, goes about 6 inches, another 90 degree elbow down into the trap. They could have went straight down into the trap, it appears, but put the extra piping in. I don't know much about plumbing, but this seems as if it could cause problems down the road as far as good drainage. Am I being paranoid? Thank you for your help and response in advance! Aric
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Jun 2, 2005, 09:20 PM
    A toilet does not require a trap in the line
    A toilet does not require a trap in the line because it has a trap inside of it.
    A long sweep and medium sweep or even 2 medium sweeps in 3 or 4" should be OK. No short 90's. No trap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Toilet drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to install a new toilet in the basement and am unable to remove the bolts from the cast iron drain pipe.. Is there a way I can remove the entire drain and replace it with a new PVC drain or get a insert that will fit over the 4 inch drain.

90 in Toilet Drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in the process of remodeling my basement, and would like to redirect a drain for a 1st floor toilet. The drain pipe currently comes through the floor, down to the bottom of the joist, takes a 45 towards the foundation wall and about 3 feet down the wall takes another 45 and then the pipe runs...

Toilet drain [ 3 Answers ]

We want to make our existing attached garage into a bedroom and a bathroom. The bathroom would be right next to the laudry room. Our house was built in 1960. It is on a slab (no crawl space) with all of the plumbing & heating built into the slab. We have talked to several people about if the toilet...

Toilet drain [ 16 Answers ]

I am remodeling my guest house. While I am reasonably handy, I know nothing about plumbing. This remodel involves reconfiguring the bath, specifically moving the toilet and shower. The problem is that the house was built on a slab (6" concrete). I have removed the concrete for the new lines but...

View more questions Search