Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Solar Covers
    Last summer we purchased a new solar cover for our above ground pool and on the recommendation of the pool guy we bought a thicker, more expensive one to help keep it warmer. It seems to be having the opposite affect. I get frustrated because the season is so short here in Ohio but the water is just tooo cold for me. Any suggestions?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Hi,

I live in Florida and was recommended to purchase a cover. Too. And it had the opposite effect I desired. I didn't care about temp (Iknew it would get cold, yes, even here) but wanted to keep debris out. About three month age we had really warm spell and somehow a nutria (sp) got under the cover and died. I had more to clean than if the cover was left off.

As far as the water temp, I'd recommend a free-standing pool heater. There are many on the market and you should be able to find one that suits your needs and pool size. Good luck!
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2007, 10:15 AM
    You should consider using a solar heating panel for your pool. The solar blankets, although advertised as a miracle heater for your pool, are not. The primary function of these covers is to reduce and minimize your chemical loss and evaporation overnight. If your pool is not being heated during the day, the is no heat for your cover to retain at night.

I hope this information helps.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance floor covers over pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I'm tryng to find a portable dance floor cover to put over the top of my pool for my birthday for temporary use but am finding it difficult to find a company in the UK. If anyone knows of one please reply!!

CD Covers [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone knows a site where I can download CD covers that have front, back, inlay, Cd and inlet, especially rock Cds. Your help would be greatly appreciated

24 volt lighting switch covers [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house built in 1957 that has 24 volt lighting controls. The wall switches have rocker / push buttons that switch relays in a control panel to turn on / off the 120 volt overhead lights. Local electrical contractors tell me the system is obsolete and I cannot find parts. Right...

Malleable/Best-fitting Outlet Covers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! Would anyone be able to give me some tips/ideas/suggestions on some different types of outlet covers that work well with "rough pine log" surfaces. I have @ 20 different outlets/switches boxed within logs for a new log home and looking for some suggestions on some founded ways of dealing...

Pool Covers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best cover to use, when closing the pool to winter over in areas where freezing occurs.

View more questions Search