Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charisma7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
    My bulbs blow 2 out of 3 out as soon as you switch the light on, what is my problem please?
    charisma7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 08:01 AM
    I would like to know before I spend a fortune having an electrician wrought me, making something else up and charging the earth . I would like to have the upper hand would be a great help
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Could be higher than normal voltage due to a problem in the electrical system, this will require an electrician to do troubleshooting to determine the problem, and effect repairs as necessary.

If you do not trust any electricians, how are you going to have this problem resolved?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
    You got a bad Electrician, other wise he may checked neutrals and voltages from the Meter.
    Hey TK, I don't trust most Electricians. You and others here are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bulbs keep blowing out too soon [ 18 Answers ]

I have two outside security lights; one by the front door and one by the side door. I am having to replace the bulbs in them about every 2 weeks. I've tried different wattages and even different brands/quality of bulbs. Same thing. Two or three weeks then POOF! Blow out. Power surge possible? Fire...

New Fluorescent Light bulbs and their use [ 9 Answers ]

I’m sure this has been asked … but I am looking at these 13Watt replacement bulbs that are 60 Watt replacements. Now, I have light fixtures in my house, which are all labeled with Use 60 Watt Maximum. Can I use a higher Fluorescent (and hence get more Light Output) into some of my darker...

Outside halogen bulbs blowing. WHY? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just moved to Germany and have installed 2 outside lamps (brought in Germany) I connected them up (including the earth) and when putting the power back on and flicking the switch, they burnt for about 2 seconds and then blew out. The fuse did not trip or anything like that, just blew the...

Lighting Circuit Blowing Bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in the process of repairing a DJ light system with a knackered transformer. It was causing the internal fuses to blow, so I've replaced the transformer, but it's now taken to blowing the bulbs within it. I'm guessing this is due to too high a voltage, or too much current flowing, but I...

Halogen Track Light blowing bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I added a third light (one that had been sitting in my closet for years) to one of my tracks which immediately blew the bulbs in the other two lights. Thinking the light to be defective, or perhaps the limit on the track to be 2 not 3, I removed it and replaced the bulbs in the other two lights....

View more questions Search