Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlebrat515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Cartilage piercing and sports
    I am in dance team and I want to get a cartilage piercing dance team starts in November if I got it know would it be fine by then to take it out and leave it out for about 20 minutes. If not what are my options the rules are not jewlery so I don't know what to do.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I used to be a store manager at a claires boutique for 3 years so this is probably the most professional answer you are going to get: a cartilage piercing takes 12 weeks to semi heal enough take the earring out for a short period, so you would be OK to leave it out for your practice or routines. Otherwise, it takes a full 3 years to be fully healed.
    whoaitspris Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 8, 2007, 05:22 PM
    I have 9 piercings so I'm pretty much an expert at dos and donts. Some people heal faster than others. That's the truth of it. BUT you have what? A good 6 months for it to heal if you get it before June is over. You should be okay to take it out for a short period. I wouldn't suggest leaving it out but for under an hour is should be all right. Make sure your hands are always clean when you take it in and out and make sure you clean the earring as well. Take into consideration what ear you get it in too because the side of your head you sleep on is going to be uncomfortable. If your extremely worried about taking it out then there are always retainers. I'm sure you can find a really small earring to put it your ear or a flesh colored one. If not I've known people to find a flesh colored nail polish and paint the top of the earring for it to be less noticeable. Anyway if you have any specific questions feel free to message me and id be happy to answer them. Good luck with your piercing.
    st17717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Put a bandage or a strip of athletic tape over it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gauging a cartilage piercing [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I just pierced my cartilage myself, no pain at all right now.. no swelling.. basically everything went fine. My first question is.. 1.how long until I can take this out without it closing up too fast to put in another piercing 2.I have an 8 gauge bar (also used on my lob) that I was...

Does a cartilage percing hurt ? [ 7 Answers ]

Kay, well. I've been wanting to get a cartilage percing for over 3 months now, but, i've been holding it off, because im WAY to terrified it's going to kill like heck, since it's going to be done with a needle at a tatoo parlor, since they dont allow using guns anymore for that specific peircing....

Does Cartilage Piercing hurt? Is it unsafe? [ 97 Answers ]

I am getting the top of my ear pierced, like on the side in the cartilage. I was wondering how much it will hurt if it is being done with a needle (not a gun) and how high chance it is for infection. I know that it takes a lot longer than a hole in your earlobe to heal, about a few months?

When will cartilage piercing pain go away? Can I eventually sleep on my side? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi I recently have had my cartilage pierced on my right ear only and it does not hurt at all right now and most of the time it doesn't hurt at all but it is sore when I touch it and it is too painful to spin the studs so I just leave them alone and try to clean them as much as I can with the...

Sports+Study [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 16 and play basketball and is doing well in it but there is always a negative thought in my mind disturbing every time that I can't cop with studies but I'm doing very well.Help me to put the end of this negative thought

View more questions Search