Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1stplace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2005, 04:54 PM
    Name on deed/Title
    Because of some credit problems I don't want my name on the deed. The mortgage will be held by a private party. Can I put my son on the title/deed even though he is a minor? Until certain legal matters are taken care of I don't want my name on the house.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Call your County Clerk's...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace
    Because of some credit problems I don't want my name on the deed. The mortgage will be held by a private party. Can I put my son on the title/deed even though he is a minor? Until certain legal matters are taken care of I don't want my name on the house.
    ... office and ask. We added our name to a deed but are not minors. It may be possible but only they can tell you. Don't do it until you know for sure it is legal. Consider a close friend if this isn't allowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My name is not on the deed, what now? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I plan on retaining an attorney as soon as I get the funds, but in the meantime, I have questions! We have been married for 4 years, together for a total of 12 years. First thing is our home. We bought it from his mother, no contract-just verbal. My husband took out a mortgage on it...

Deed transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My father is in the process of transferring the deed of a house to me. Is refinancing necessary?:eek:

Name on deed [ 3 Answers ]

What do I have to do to put my sons name on the deed to my house

Deed [ 1 Answers ]

My question is: I bought a house about 6 years ago when I was a single mom. Recently I got married and have NOT put my husbands name on the deed. Now my question is, if I decide to divorce him does he have any rights to my house?

View more questions Search