Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koreankoshi1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Middle School Madness!
    My cousin Sebastian,is too upset about middle school. I keep telling him that everything will be okay,but he says that he's not ready,yet. What can I do to help?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2007, 02:56 PM
    He's scared about middle school and you are scared about high school. I would say that you two need to support each other in your fears and you will be laughing together within a week after school starts.
    Tootruetooblue Posts: 61, Reputation: 17

Jun 14, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Do his parents know how nervous he is? I ask this because they have probably helped him through similar anxieties with other adjustments in the past and may know best what he needs. As for what you can do, just remind him that he has always managed what has come his way in the past, and answer his specific questions. LIke explain that he won't get lost because until the kids all know where they are going, there are teachers and older students who stand in the halls to direct them. Let him know that he will have a printed schedule of his classes so that he doesn't have to remember what is next. Let him know that if he forgets which locker is his or what the combination is, he can go to the office and they will look it up for him. They have done it for thousands of other kids and don't think a thing of it. Tell him that you've already done the work, so if it's hard you can help him. Tell him that he's been tested and taught and evaluated by the school system and if he couldn't handle it, they wouldn't be sending him there.

And remind him that growing up is not something that happens in one day. After the first couple of days, he will have his questions answered and it won't be nearly so hard any more.
    ally123 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 09:07 PM
    I'm 14 and a 8th grdr and I remember my first day I was having the scarred out of me and then I saw my friends and I was happy the next day I had I scence of pride and I met a whole bunch of new friens so just walk in
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Tell him if he has his same friends from elementary then he will be OK because I'm a very scary person lol and I was OK on my 1st day.. but tell him don't worry it will b OK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Middle School [ 21 Answers ]

I am sarting middle school in August. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

I need a middle school speech for principal

Middle School Story Problem [ 4 Answers ]

my daughter has this math problem for homework and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Alex is 35. Burt is 7 and Chris is 5. In how many years will Alex's age be the sum of Burts and Chris's ages? HELP!:confused:

Middle school dating [ 50 Answers ]

I like this guy and I want to go out with him. I don't want to be sexual <definately not> but I want him to be my boyfriend. In your own opinion, is middle school too young for dating?

Middle school [ 13 Answers ]

I am super siked and scared I mean come on older people making fun of me! That will ruen my reputation! Trust me I'm hot! Eny way what if everybody else hears the older people and start making fun of me to!:eek: I'm looking forward and not I've got mixed emotions!:rolleyes:

View more questions Search