Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perfectpaws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Real or scam
    Need to find out if a business called Bunge Evaluation and Marketing Services is real or scam. It employs secret shoppers. The have sent me a check for 3,160. For training purposes and purchases. I applied a very long time ago to a secret shopper, but it has been so long ago that I can't remember to what organization. When I called the number provided the machine said they were in staff meetings all day and to call back Monday. How do I find out if this company is real. And there is now web address for them.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Go to the better business bureau. They can tell you more. You can check them out online.
    So, they just sent you a check for that much money and you haven't done anything yet?
    Sounds like a scam to me.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 8, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Deposit the check and see if it clears first and do some research on the internet.
    They are not listed with the Better Business Bureau, they have no web site and the staff is out in meetings all day?

If a company can not afford to have a secretary to answer the phone but can afford to send you a check for 3,160?

I would think it's definitely is a scam.

Good luck.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 10:53 PM
    You know you could call the bank that the check was drafted from. See if funds are available.
    When you sign the check though - make sure it doesn't give them access to your account.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Seriously, I was scammed once. Don't let it happen to you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 03:02 AM
    I have in the past did work for a few of the real secret shoppers, and I can tell you they do not send large checks out and when then do send checks out there is work already done. Normally what you do is either send receipts for the purchase you have made * on meals, but on most items, clothes, CD's and the such part of the process is to buy and go back in about one hour and return the product, so you have no cost.

And you will find that a "fake" check takes longer to clear and at times written on good back account numbers, so check appears to have cleared, then it is diputed and the check is returned and your account charged backed.

You can make some money as a secret shopper ( I would assume there are more jobs in larger areas) I get about 5 to 15 dollars for each one I do, as long as all the paperwork is done right,
    CJONES6045 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectpaws
    Need to find out if a business called Bunge Evaluation and Marketing Services is real or scam. It employs secret shoppers. The have sent me a check for 3,160. for training purposes and purchases. I applied a very long time ago to a secret shopper, but it has been so long ago that I can't remember to what organization. When I called the number provided the machine said they were in staff meetings all day and to call back Monday. How do I find out if this company is real. And there is now web adress for them.
    Hello I have received a check for $3,160 for traing purposes and pay I deposited the check and the check was returned to my bank stating REFER TO MAKER
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Yes, you got a bad check, so as long as you did not spend any of the money, you learned a good lesson.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I am a secret shopper and I have never gotten a big check for my services. I get sent to a store to buy a specific item, purchase it and send the receipt plus an evaluation. In return, I get reimbursed for my expenses plus a gift certificate. Usually.

As everyone has said, there is a scam going on.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
    When a check is deposited/returned like that, is there anyway the sender
    Can get the account information?
    Comaria1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 02:01 AM
    Yes it is a fake. A police officer told me that the person who sent me a check is trying to get access to my bank account. If you cash the check, you will owe the bank the money. It would be a loan but if you send it to someone else, you will still be responsible for paying it back. In the process the people who sent it will get vital information on where your bank is located and who you are. An electronical number will tip off the sender on how to access your bank account some kind of way so, don't do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tmobile Is A Scam [ 11 Answers ]

Jan 9, 2005 T Mobile P.O. Box 3210 Albuquerque, NM 87190-3210 Re: 330213164 To whom it may concern:

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

Email scam [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Please see a scam that's doing its rounds across the web again, I found this in my inbox this morning... ;) Email sender = "vivian amana" <[email protected]>

View more questions Search