Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenn sweet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
    My son
    The state of Vermont took my son from his father they have now given my sons grandparents temporary custody in the state of Vermont if I take my child and bring him to the state of New Hampshire what could happen to me??
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Jun 8, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Since they have temp custody, you will most likely have to go through the courts to try to get custody. If you take him now without their permission, it will not look good when you go to try to get custody. By law the grandparents are in charge of your son. You will have to fight in order to regain your rights. (And I'm sorry if any of the info I gave you was incorrect, this is what I believe the right answer is.)
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jun 8, 2007, 03:27 PM
    So why don't you have custody? Why would it be given to the grandparents instead of the mother? This also has a big impact. Technically you could be charged with either kidnapping or interference with custody.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn sweet
    if i take my child and bring him to the state of new hampshire what could happen to me?????
    You very well could be charged with kidnapping. All circumstances differ though, There is really not enough info in your question to give you very accurate advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for son [ 2 Answers ]

My son was born march 2006 and I was not present since then his mother has ran off, and I don't know where they are, I want to know if his birth certificate has been sighned by someone else, and how would I go about locating them.

My son! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey, My name is Chris. I live in Ireland with my 5 sons. My wife died when my oldest son was 6. I'm only 38 so I find it quiet hard to handle my sons. 4 of them are easy to handle but my youngest son is very hard to cope with. Hes always getting kicked out of sports and even school. Hes...

My son [ 3 Answers ]

Yes my son has a very bad behavor problem at home and at school.:mad: and I don't no what else to do?:confused: I did all the disiplin I can do .when you try to talk to him he says your hurting his ears,he can be very meanto self and everyone around him .I really don't know what I should do!please...

I need help with my son. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old son. His mother moved to Scotland before he was born and 2 years ago died of cancer my son who I didn't even know about came to live with me. However we didn't really take to each other. Kyle(my son)had a stepdad who wasn't the most nice of people so he doesn't...

My son is gone... now what? [ 15 Answers ]

My son, Tiponi passed away in Dec. 2004. My shield of numbness is gone from me. I feel alone on the subject of death as no one here will talk about it or my son, Tiponi. If I mention his name the subject is quickly changed. If I have a moment of crying because I miss him so... my boyfriend...

View more questions Search