Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
    G-8 GW emissions agreement
    At the G-8 summit an agreement was reached to “seriously consider” a proposal to halve greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.The goal is not mandatory, but rather a “target.”

One of the key factors in the proposal is the effort to get China and India on board, because without them, emission-reduction goals are meaningless.

The agreement has been hailed by the MSM as a capitulation by President Bush, who has supposedly “seen the light” on the need to fight climate change.US agrees to join global warming battle | International News | News | Telegraph

The inconvenient truth is that the agreement is essentially the President’s proposal :cool: and not what Europeans have fought for.VOA News - Bush Unveils Climate Change Proposal

It is Europeans that have caved, admitting that Kyoto is a failure economically ,and in terms of meeting its own standards,and they have agreed to less economically harmful measures for combating warming.

In other words, they have come around to President Bush’s way of thinking, without admitting it, of course.:) :) :) :) :)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 10:50 AM
    You'd think with this, amnesty and Bush talking to Iran the media would now be in love with the guy. :p

In other words, they have come around to President Bush’s way of thinking, without admitting it, of course.
    Ain't that a kick :D You can bet that once they think about it the gears will slam into reverse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic passed emissions test but failed MIL/Check Engine light [ 2 Answers ]

My 2000 Honda Civic EX had a smog test and it passed the emissions but failed the engine computer test, so they say. They told me to drive the car 30 to 40 miles so that the computer would reset. Sounds a bit strange to me to have to drive that many miles to reset the car computer after the...

Honda Engine Light on Computer shows Emissions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody-my 2000 Honda Civic engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone and emissions showed up. The Auto Zone guy said I probably have a leak in one of the hoses. He even noticed my car is really shaky. Is this something I can take care of myself? How do I go about doing that? By all means I...

Mail Agreement [ 3 Answers ]

A company sends a customer a free sample of its product of the month with an enclosed brochure stating that if the customer doesn't return the stamped self-enclosed "rejection" notice, the customer will be obligated to accept and pay for each successive shipment of the product for the next eleven...

Lease Agreement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Pinole CA. On October 16, 2006 I renewed my rental agreement for one year. The old one was due to expire on Nov. 30, 2006. The new agreement was effective on Dec. 1st, 2006. On Nov 29th my landlord put a revised rental agreement on door stating that she had did an audit and a mistake...

View more questions Search