Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taraleeleb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 09:45 AM
    How do I tell my soon to be baby father he may not be the father?
    Well me and my first daughters father were taking a break from each other and I got pregnant and I'm not too sure if he is the father of my new child or not and I have no idea how to tell him without breaking his heart...
    kaj675 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2007, 09:52 AM
    You need to upfront and honest with him, I know it may be scary but you have to. Heaven forbid something happen to that child and need a blood transfusion or an organ or bone marrow and find out that he is not a match. If he really loves you he will stay by your side. Tell him you will get a paternity test to make sure. But bottom line let him know now before he gets too attached to that baby.
    taraleeleb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Thanks kaj675 u have made me look at it in a different point of view...
    SouthernBelle06 Posts: 166, Reputation: 83

Jun 8, 2007, 04:33 PM
    You just need to be honest. Tell him exactly what you told us here... that you were on a break with him and were with someone else and you are not sure who the father is. You need to tell the other guy this as well. It will serve no one if you try to pretend that your current boyfriend is the father if there is a chance he may not be. It is not fair to anyone, not to the current boyfriend, not the baby (what if there was some medical problem in the future?), or the other guy who may be the father. You NEED to come clean NOW before this child is born and your current boyfriend gets too attached to the child thinking he is the father. Hiding this very important information from everyone is simply cowardly and is not right at all!

After I wrote all of this, I then saw that the first poster wrote pretty much the same thing that I did, so please take our advice.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taraleeleb
    Well me and my first daughters father were taking a break from each other and I got pregnant and im not too sure if he is the father of my new child or not and i have no idea how to tell him without breaking his heart...
    Hi there I've been through all this with most of my friends and they all don't have husbands or boyfreinds right now .ur saying you don't no who the father is but you no the guy that you slept with right .why don't u talk to him first and ask him 2 do a paternity test before confronting your husband or your boyfreind be sure who is the father before breaking anyone's heart at least you will no 100 percent who your dealing with because I no people who have confronted and lost there spouses but later the child turns out his so if I was you I would keep it 2 myself 4 now and find out who the dad is 1st and then confront him if you need 2 because it does hurt
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Tell both guys asap to go take the test.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 11:06 PM
    I might be in the minority of men that think this but if I was the guy you were with between your break up I would want to know about this as well. I'd be devastated to find out in 20 years that I had a child and I missed out on their childhood and worse yet someone else raised that child.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 9, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Should have kept your pants on while you were on the break...

You made the decision and now you come here looking for answers.

Tell both guys straight away your relationship sounds very unhealthy already you should have discussed this with your husband already...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby with american father [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm in the US on a one year visa. If I have a baby with an american father which is born in the US, can I take it back to my home country when my visa expires? Do I need his permission? I doubt I'll be able to stay in the US and I'm concerned that I may be forced to leave and not be able to...

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

Who is the Father? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I have an issue. Its really embarrassing. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and I'm wondering on who the father of my baby is. I have some facts that I thought would help me figure out my question and its seems that I'm still not convinced with the answer I'm getting. I had my last period on...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Looking for my father [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Steven my mother's name is Debbie and supposedly my father's name is stewart spak the story goes in 1979 my family was jehovah witness and my father was Jewish. When I was in the womb he wanted marriage and for her to convert she said no. mom went on assistant help. He went to welfare...

View more questions Search