Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicholemariek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Unborn child
    I am 18 years old, 28 weeks pregnant, and have just recently moved out of the house that I lived in with my parents. My parents are threatening to take my baby away once she is born. Can they do that? What should I do?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 09:49 AM
    No, they can't take it away, your 18 at long as you do not abuse your child and take care of it.
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 8, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Yes they can & No they can't.

Depends a lot on you and how responsible you are,

Lets say you're an alcoholic, they may be able too based on those grounds.

Your parents would have to have cold hard facts to present to the courts in order to do that,

Don't know your situation so really no one here can predict what your outcome might be.

If your parents push it, and a court date comes along.
    MAKE SURE you are present,

One of My sisters Girls, lost custody to her child simple because she was irresponsible and didn't show up for the court date.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 8, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholemariek
    I am 18 years old, 28 weeks pregnant, and have just recently moved out of the house that i lived in with my parents. My parents are threatening to take my baby away once she is born. Can they do that? What should I do?
    They can't just take your baby, they would have to get an attorney and the courts and social services involved and have you deemed unfit.

Do you do drugs, participate in illegal activities, or abuse children? Anything they can use against you?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
    I know a lady and her husband that went to court told the judge what her 21 year old daughter was doing and got custody awarded to her for 3 weeks the judge did not even talk to the daughter, when the court date came up he talked to the girl, ask what she did, have a job etc, he did not like her answers and gave granny temp. custody for another 4 weeks, 4 week later the daughter no showed in court . The judge handed over full custody of the baby and told the grandparents it is up to you if you want her to visit the child. No lawyers , no medical reports, no social workers. So yes it can happen
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 8, 2007, 11:49 AM
    That no show is a big deal,
    That's one reason I tried to stress that point,

Problem with a lot of young girls is their not strong enough in their convictions to stand firmly against their parents and they get trampled on,

Obviously the parents go well out of their way to make sure their part is heard to the judge,
    Well do the same, Stand up and make sure you get heard,
    Just because someone's older then you does not always make them right or what they do justifiable, You are equal to everyone else, Don't let them convince you otherwise.

If you have nothing that can be held against you,
    Lady stand up for yourself and fight for your child,
    If you don't and you loose custody you will regret it for the rest of your life,

Putting up a strong stand right now to your parents would be a good start.
    Show them you are responsible and let them know you will fight them tooth and nail if they ever tried to come between you and your baby!
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 10, 2008, 11:44 PM

THey can't but make damn sure they have no evidence against you that could prove u are... Just be a great mom and take care of your baby right and you won't have any problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Custody of Unborn child [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years are calling it quits. We have a 2 year old daughter whom he has custody of and another baby on the way. He doesn't want to split up the children, which I completely agree with, but I was stupid enough to give him custody of our daughter and I don't want to give him...

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

Unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am 22 and married. I live in az with my husband. I am 4 months pregnant. Some things have come up in my marriage that aren't good. I want to know. Is I leavehim and go back home to North Carolina can he get me for kid napping? Or do I need to get his permision to leave the state? Someone...

View more questions Search